𝟭𝟭

osaka

osaka...? october 20 2005

"...not again." you sighed in exasperation and fell to your knees as you pulled at your hair in frustration. you were going crazy. if you were to go through a door again only for there to be another door behind it, you would seriously lose it.

you finally stood up and looked angrily at the green door in front of you. obviously, none of this got you any further. "i can't believe that i'm wasting my time with this bullshit!" you exclaimed in annoyance and grabbed the door handle in front of you to send a series of lightning bolts through it. you didn't stop until the wood began to splinter, and it was nothing more than a bit of ash at your feet.

you took a deep breath after letting out most of your frustration and looked down at your hand where a ring was placed. so this thing works. it may seem like an everyday accessory, but in reality, it was a cursed tool that yaga had given you after finding out about your special situation. it had some cursed energy stored in it, which you could amplify through your rct to use cursed techniques. it was a little more conventional than directly pulling out your cursed tool.

"you shouldn't be doing that." a voice suddenly spoke from behind you, and you spun around in shock since it was a voice other than your own this time.

in front of you was a spider-like curse in a suit. weird. "and who are you?" you asked him, not really interested in his answer. you looked at him more closely. "spider man? no, maybe more like...man spider?"

he didn't really plan on answering your question. "you can't destroy the doors. it's against the rules." he just spoke out stoically, and you watched out of the corner of your eye as the splintered wood at your feet turned into a purple liquid. it looked like it was going to him, and the spider thingy crouched for a few seconds so it could return to its skin. "one can't create something out of nothing. that would be an illusion and, therefore, not real. that's why everything i create is from a part of me," he seemed to explain, demonstrating by changing the white color of the walls to purple, which then stared to drip down like icing from a cake. just like the rest of the doors, until finally, the actual room was revealed again.

you found yourself in a deserted office room again. "well, it's not only real but also really creepy. what advantage do you even get from letting me walk through doors like a madman?"

he hummed at your question and decided to answer it. "it's amusing to watch people desperately search for an exit while they know inside that there really isn't one." he said. "it's superstitious to think that hard work always pays off."

so he was watching me the whole time, getting off on my desperation. that's pretty cool. before you could continue your thought, the curse appeared in front of you the second you blinked and was about to punch you with its hairy fist if you hadn't reflexively dodged it. "whoa, what's going on? no more fun watching the lab rat." you teased him lightly before correcting yourself when a better word came into your mind. "or maybe fly would be a better fit."