9

-You are such a wonderful couple and look so good together! Jennie, Jisoo has told me so much about you.- Jamie sits down at their table, and Jisoo realizes that this is the end.

-I'm sorry. Jisoo...- Jennie gets up from the table.- Can I have a word with you?

The brunette takes a deep breath and tries to put on uncomfortable shoes that she took off a couple of minutes ago and now could not "feel" them with her feet.

-Jisoo!- Jennie is extremely annoyed and impatient.

-I'm coming... - The girl mumbles from somewhere under the table, eventually approaching the boss barefoot.

-Now tell me, why the hell does Jamie think I'm your wife?- Jennie wraps her arm around Jisoo's neck and, pulling her to herself, angrily hisses it in her ear.

-It's all because of the article, you know... - Jisoo blushes in embarrassment, lowering her confused gaze to the floor.- I told Jamie that I have a wife, her name is Jennie, she is terminally ill, and the only thing that can save you... - The brown-haired girl frowns severely.- Sorry, your life is Jamie's interview.

-Jisoo, you... are just some kind of walking and terrible collapse!

-So will you play along with me? If she finds out about me, everyone will suffer.

Jennie takes a deep breath and, nodding positively, returns to the table.

-Sorry to keep you waiting, Jamie.- Jennie smiles charmingly at the girl, which made Jisoo... even somehow envious, or what?

-So, Jisoo, tell me, how did it go with your article? Did your tyrant like it?

"Will someone shoot me?" Jisoo looks around with a pleading look before encountering Jennie's surprised and at the same time angry eyes.

-Uh... can I have some more wine?- Jisoo grabs the waiter's sleeve, squeezing it tightly with her fingers and not letting go until he manages to pull his hand out of the brunette's iron grip.

-Yeah, Jisoo, tell us how it went?- Jennie asks defiantly, glancing at her face with an unkind look.

-Well... everything went great... - The brunette squeezes out of herself, grabbing a glass of champagne from a tray of a passing waiter and immediately draining it.

-It's not for you, miss!- The waiter is indignant.

-Now for me....

-Honey, you're kind of nervous today.- Jennie sneers, for which she gets a nasty kick on the leg under the table.

-Jisoo has been through so much today because of me.- Jamie takes the brunette under protection, addressing Jennie.- She almost got run over by my limo.

Jennie turns to Jisoo and raises an eyebrow in surprise, like "seriously?" The brunette is silent, completely immersed in her food.

-Honey, why didn't you tell me anything?- Jennie answers with mock excitement.

-I didn't want to bother you once again.- Jisoo quips, taking a deep breath.

-I understand that this may be unnecessary, but, Jisoo, I think you should quit your job.- Jamie, without knowing it, adds fuel to the fire.

-Why?- Jennie looks at Beck with interest.

-I think it's not worth bringing up this topic.- Jisoo perks up, breaking into the conversation.

-It's worth it, Jisoo. I don't want anything to come between you. You're the most beautiful couple I've ever met. I'm ready to help you with your work, don't worry.- Jamie continued, covering Jisoo's hand with hers.

Such a gesture did not go unnoticed. The brown-haired girl sighed nervously and drank from a glass of wine.

"Well, thank you, Jamie, and your broad, fucking soul..."

-So what's wrong?- Jennie asks sternly, burning the brunette with her gaze.

-You see, Jisoo's boss does not treat her as her subordinate...

-Yeah? Very interesting, but how?- Jennie pretends to be surprised, looking at Jisoo's crimson face.

-She's harassing her.

Ta-dam... If there weren't so many people around, Jisoo would have crawled under the table to avoid seeing that look...

-Excuse me what?- Jennie angrily inhales air through her mouth.- Jichu, why didn't you tell me about THIS?

-Honey, don't be nervous, think about your health.- Jisoo smiles back innocently.

-Oh, I'm sorry...- Jamie looks at the girls in shock.- Anyway, Jennie, you have nothing to worry about. Jisoo will be working for me now.

-That's nice, because, Jisoo, you're fired!- The brown-haired girl throws a crumpled napkin on the table and hurriedly goes to the exit.

-I meant well, Jisoo.- Shrugging guiltily at the reproachful look of the brunette, Beck answers. - Catch up with her, I'll pay the bill.

-Oh, thank you...

Jisoo runs barefoot into the street at the very moment Jennie catches a taxi.

-Jennie, wait!

-Our date is over. Good luck.

-Wait, we didn't even... - Jennie gets into the car and slams the door.- We didn't even kiss at least...

And all Jisoo has to do is watch the car drive away....