18

Two months later...

The weather was lame: it was raining hard, a cold November wind was blowing, causing boredom and depression to New Yorkers, which did not bypass the editor-in-chief of the magazine Jennie. She, as usual, enters the office at 8 am, briefly greeting the guard and shaking off raindrops from a classic black umbrella. A couple of minutes later, she takes the elevator to her floor, as she has done for the past three years, passes by the secretary, squeezing something like a greeting through her teeth and... stops abruptly. Rachel fearfully lowers the Cosmopolitan magazine and looks into the angry, darkened brown eyes of the boss.

-Give it here.- Jennie demands, closing the distance from the secretary's desk and extending her hand.

Rachel smiles guiltily and gives Jennie the magazine. The storm is about to start... The boss stares intently at the magazine cover for a couple of minutes, then abruptly turns her back and literally marches on high heels to her office. Rachel takes a deep breath, realizing that she can forget about the day off for tomorrow, since Kim has been on the verge of a breakdown for the third month after each issue of the magazine, on the cover of which, as you guessed, only SHE appeared... the star, the discovery of the year and just a charming girl in a bikini... Yes, the same Kim Jisoo...

Page, next page... Jennie makes the most indifferent face in the world, sitting comfortably at her workplace and flipping through a magazine. Here is Jisoo advertising a lingerie line with another cute model who hugs her tightly... On the next page, the blonde model kisses her neck, hugging her waist, and so on...

Jennie throws the magazine aside, leaning back in her chair and combing her wavy hair back with her hand.

Jisoo didn't want to get out of her head at all. Being even at an impressionable distance, she constantly, almost every day, appeared in the brown-haired girl's life through newspapers, magazines and even primitive commercials about gaskets. Jisoo was everywhere, even tens of thousands of kilometers away... And Jennie tried to distract herself by plunging headlong into work and studying the material of the next issue of the magazine, as well as topics for interviews.

-Kim Jisoo. From journalists to models... - Jennie reads one of the topics on the list, feeling her heart skip a beat, then another.

At the bottom of the topic is a barely noticeable footnote: "New York, November 13...".

What does it mean? This footnote says that Jisoo will be in New York on November 13 and one of the journalists will be "lucky enough" to interview her.

-And who is it?- Jennie looks down and freezes in shock.- It can't be...

She rereads the conditions, skipping another heartbeat with each item.

- "Journalist Kim Jennie." What???

The girl does not believe her own eyes. Is she going to interview Jisoo? Editor-in-chief of the magazine? Seriously?

-What game are you playing, Jisoo?- Jennie says thoughtfully, pouring herself some whiskey from the mini-bar.