19

-Dad...- Jennie takes a deep breath, slightly removing the phone from her face.

-Yes, honey, is something wrong?- The cheerful voice of the director of the magazine is heard on the phone.

-Dad, you know I don't like it when you call me that...- Jennie rolls her eyes wearily.- Would you kindly explain to me why I should interview Jisoo?

-Honey, she asked for it. Jisoo would also like you to make a list of questions in advance and send it to her by email.

-You're not confusing anything, are you?- Jennie taps her fingertips irritably on the lid of her desktop.- I'm the editor-in-chief, not a journalist!

-I understand perfectly well, it may be unpleasant for you...

-Unpleasant?! Are you out of your mind at all?! First you recommend Jisoo for a position as a journalist, and now I have to interview my former subordinate?!- Jennie angrily slammed her palm on the table.

-Who knew that the girl would rise like that... In any case, the magazine's ratings are falling, we need to return to the previous level, and for this we need something new, a sensation, which is what this Jisoo is. So be kind, shove your pride away and do what you have to...

-But... - Jennie didn't have time to object, short beeps sounded in the receiver.- I'll give you a sensation...

Kim throws the phone aside and opens her work laptop.

-Questions... There will be special questions for you, Jisoo...

"Good evening, Jisoo! Here is a list of questions for the upcoming interview the day after tomorrow:

1. Are you completely fucked up?

2. What do you think you are, putting forward such conditions?

3. Do you know what I'll do to you when I see you?

Sincerely, Editor-in-chief of the magazine Jennie Kim."

-Send a message.- Jennie smiles smugly, rubbing her hands in anticipation and unfolding the mail window to the full screen.

The answer came immediately, causing surprise on the beautiful face of the girl. She takes the most comfortable position in the chair, leaning back impressively and crossing her legs before clicking "enter" with her finger.

"Good evening, Jennie! I have studied the content of your questions quite carefully and have come to the conclusion that the interview will not take place with this attitude. However, I will not upset you completely and will answer them in this letter. So:

1. You and I are far from friends, and as far as I know, you are writing to me about an upcoming BUSINESS meeting, so your appeal is extremely inappropriate and cheeky. We analyze your question further..."Fucked up" is rude and uncultured in relation to the person on whom the ratings for the next month in your magazine depend. However, I will answer "NO". The contract states that I have the right to choose the person with whom I will work on the interview, hence my choice fell on you.

2. I am the most popular model in the States and not only, so accept it.

3. At first I thought that you would handcuff me to something, but this is the past stage, isn't it? I think you won't do anything to me, because I still consider you a reasonable person... I want to answer the same question that you probably were too shy to ask.

4. I absolutely don't care about the relationship that was between us when I worked for you. I don't care that you're angry right now and that you don't fucking like working with me and, first of all, for me. I DON't CARE what you think about me, and I'll say more: I DIDN'T MISS YOU ...

I think this is the end of our conversation.

Sincerely, Jisoo."

-That bitch!- Jennie laughs hysterically, trying to suppress an unpleasant aftertaste inside after such a frank answer.- So that's how you sang? We'll see about that.

"Jisoo, I think you shouldn't make hasty decisions. Since there is no previous feeling between us as a misunderstanding, then I apologize for the sharpness in my thoughtless words and questions that offended you... I also want to note that you are absolutely right that the ratings of our magazine depend on you, so I sincerely apologize and hope that you will change your mind about the interview.

Bye sincerely, Editor-in-chief Jennie."

-Come on, Jisoo, don't be a jerk... - Jennie gets up from the table and goes to the mini-bar, hurriedly pouring herself a whiskey and returning to the workplace.

"I am glad that there is no... misunderstanding between us... and also that you came to your senses in time and apologized. Our agreement is in force, just come up with other questions that are interesting to the readers of your magazine, not just you.

With feigned respect, Jisoo."

"I'm working on it. See you later, miss. I am waiting for you on Friday at 9 o'clock in the French cuisine restaurant "Le Bernardin". Surely you are already addicted to frog legs?

With a malicious chuckle and rubbing her hands in anticipation, Jennie."

Silence. Jennie sighs in frustration, getting ready to go home and putting her things in her purse. She reached for the off button, when suddenly a reply message came:

"No. I prefer a well-done steak, French fries and a huge burger. Especially after the interesting Flintown's story, when you, Jennie, found out that you tried frog legs yourself. Someone say you had such a funny face...

LMAO, Jisoo."

-Bitch!- Jennie smiles, pressing the power off button and slamming the laptop shut before heading out of the office.