Practice

As we sat there, sipping our drinks, in a coffee shop we found just outside of where I had stopped to tell him how I felt. I mustered up the courage to broach the topic that had been lingering in my mind. With the rain gently drumming against the windows, casting a soothing backdrop to our conversation, I took a deep breath and opened up to Suga.

"I've been thinking a lot lately, and I wanted to talk to you about something," I began, trying to steady my voice. Suga turned his full attention towards me, his dark eyes filled with warmth and curiosity.

"What is it?" he asked, his voice gentle and encouraging.

With each passing second, my nerves began to dissipate, replaced by a sense of comfort inspired by Suga's unwavering presence. I took a moment to gather my thoughts, allowing the ambiance of the coffee shop to envelop us like a protective cocoon.

"Well, Suga," I started, my voice now steady but laced with vulnerability, "I've come to realize that I-I want to be in a relationship with you."

For a heartbeat, the world seemed to hold its breath. Suga's expression softened, his gaze intense yet tender, as if he had been waiting to hear those words all along.

 Suga's expression softened, his gaze intense yet tender, as if he had been waiting to hear those words all along

"You have no idea how long I've been hoping you'd say that," he confessed, his voice a mere whisper. A smile tugged at the corners of his lips, and in that moment, a sense of pure serenity washed over me.

The rain continued to fall outside, but inside the coffee shop, the world felt suspended, as if time had frozen. Suga reached across the small table, his hand finding mine, and we sat there, silently basking in the blissful realization of our mutual feelings.

In retrospect, I realized that the rain was a serendipitous gift, orchestrating the perfect backdrop for our defining moment. It offered an unspoken metaphor for the emotional storm we had both weathered, leading us to this quiet sanctuary where our feelings could be acknowledged and nurtured.

We sat there after a few moments of silence, our empty coffee cups sitting on the light oak wooded table "We should start heading to practice." he stated with a smile on his face.

"ya, we probably should." I chuckled.

We stood up from our seats and cleaned our trash up from the table to throw it away and then headed outside. As we stepped out of the coffee shop, the rain had dwindled to a mere sprinkle, and the clouds had begun to part, revealing patches of blue sky. Suga's smile remained on his face as we made our way towards practice.

He acknowledged the impending challenge we would face due to our newfound relationship. "You know," he began, his voice filled with a mix of excitement and caution, "this will be the first practice where I'm not single. But we'll have to be careful from now on because the paparazzi are constantly stationed outside our practice house."

His arm ensconced my shoulder, providing both a sense of warmth and a subtle reassurance. I couldn't help but feel a surge of anxiety as I contemplated what our public relationship might entail. The realization that the world would now know who I am hit me with an unexpected force.