God Must Hate Me pt 3.

Sunny wakes up at 9 in the morning.

 I was worried his mother might come into his room, but she didn't. At what must have been 8 o clock, she simply left for work.

He sits up in bed, coughs, and reaches for a glass of water beside his bed, and takes a sip. He hasn't noticed me yet.

"Sunny!" I chirp.

He turned around frantically before his eyes came to rest upon me. He jumped back a bit, blinking a couple of times.

"Basil?" He asked, his voice deep and rough and weak. And then his fear faded, and he looked resigned to whatever would happen. "Do what you want to my body."

And then he rolls over onto his stomach.

That is where I loose it. I simply start crying, sobbing. How did he get this bad?

I wipe my eyes, and walk over to him.

"Get up." I tell him.

"Why?" he responds, sounding dead inside.

"Doesn't matter. Get up." I make my voice firmer, but no matter how much I try, tears want to slip down my face.

He gets up, not saying anything more.

"Alright." I say, trying to decide what he should do. "You need to eat, take a shower, and cut your hair, and I'm not sure what else yet. Let's start with eating."

He gives me a dirty look, but we go to the stairs so we can go to his kitchen.

"I can't do this." he says.

Right. Stairs. But has he really not gone down stairs these past four years?

"Yes you can." I tell him.

I grab his hand, and take him down the stairs as he cries, holding on to me. He's gotten taller over the past four years, but smaller too, sadder.

I sit him down at the dining room table, while I go to the kitchen, and put a piece of toast in the toaster, and wait for it to pop. When it does, I smear peanut butter on it. I bring it out to him. He looks up at me, clearly thinking its stupid, but even so, he takes the smallest bite out of his small breakfast.

I look at him, pissed off. Why is he refusing to get better?

He takes another bite, and reluctantly finishes the entire piece of toast.

"More?" I offer, hoping he'll accept.

"I've been full for ages. I simply don't want anymore. I don't need your help." He tells me.

"Yes you do!" I shout, infuriated. "You're skinny as hell, your hair is disgusting, you smell like shit, and UGH! Everything, Sunny, really! How do you live like this? How does your mom let you live like this? You've been given freedom, and shown you don't deserve it. So fuck it Sunny. You're going to get better."

"Fine." He mutters.

We go up the stairs again, and I still help him. Later I'll get him over his fears, but now is not the time. We've got more pressing matters on our hands currently.

I sit him down in front of the bathroom mirror.

"Any particular haircut you want?" I ask.

"I want whatever hairstyle you want to give me." He says, the ghost of a smile on his face.

Its very true that I enjoy cutting people's hair, and sunny's is no different. I feel at peace as I snip of pieces away from the mess that is his hair.

I fix his bangs by turning them into not bangs. Overall his haircut is very similar to the one he had when we were kids, but a bit longer and a bit emoer.

"Alright." I say as I finish. "Take a shower."

He sighs, but attempts no further resistance.

While he showers, I look through his drawers for clean clothes, and find none, so I do a load of laundry.

After the laundry is done, I fold his freshly washed clothes, and put them in their drawers. Just as I'm about to put in another load, Sunny walks into the room, a towel around his waste, his hair damp and beautifully cut, and water droplets all over his body.

I know my face is heating up, but I ignore it, and tell him to get changed while I put in the second load of laundry.

I come back upstairs and knock on the door, so I can avoid seeing the thing I most desperately want to but shouldn't see.

He doesn't open the door, but instead I hear disgusting sounds coming from the bathroom. I patiently wait outside the bathroom, until I hear the toliet flush, and him washing his hands. He stumbles out, looking miserable.

"I threw up." He admits.

"It's okay. Sit in bed and I'll get you some ginger ale and crackers and we can talk." I tell him. He nods, and slips into his room.

Luckily, there's ginger ale and crackers in the kitchen, presumably because he had complained to his mom about an upset stomach before.

I walk up the stairs and into his room to find he has already fallen asleep. Instead of waking him up, I climb into his bed, and sleep beside him.

It feels nice, like when we were kids, and we'd have sleepovers at my house and Sunny would always crawl in bed with me.

It was so innocent too, no foul intention behind it. It was nice just to have a human near me, to feel the warmth of his skin. I reach my arm around his soft, thin, sleeping body, holding him. His shirt is soft and thin, and both too big and too small on him all at once. It looked more like a baggy crop top because of the inches he gained, and also because of his weight.

I fall asleep with my arm wrapped around him.

(972 words)

a/n- still the stuff i had written over the summer. proababy at least 2 more eps of that... and then the chaos begins!!!