You're The One

Summary: you and Bucky learn to navigate your relationship

Pairings: Bucky Barnes X Reader

Rating: explicit

Warnings: explicit language, explicit sexual content, descriptions of anxiety, mentions of arson, mutual pining, mentions of branding, mentions of a gun kink, unprotected sex, PIV sex, creampie, 18+ ONLY

Word Count: 5.3K

"Mmm," you moan

"Mmm," you moan. Feeling more rested than you have in years. A warmth radiates from your belly, and you start to turn to your side. But the warmth hisses at you, and you jolt awake. Staring down at her sweet face. Her blue green eyes twinkle at you before she crawls back up to lay on you. And then you panic.

One. Two. Three. Four. Five.

Alpine meows up at you, tapping her paw on your face before you ever get to six. Pressing herself against you, and you feel her body vibrate with her purrs. It's not that she isn't beautiful and adorable. You're just in a stranger's home.

One. Two. Three. Four. Five.

Her toe beans tap a bit harder on your chin, and you give her a frustrated look. "This is my process," you whisper, looking towards the door to the bedroom. "Is he a light sleeper?"

Alpine jumps off the bed, and bounces to the door, turning back to look at you innocently. You aren't sure if she needs to just get out of this enclosed space, or if she needs to see her owner. You shake your head, and bring your knees up to your chest. You didn't know how you were going to get out of his house without him seeing you. Or worse, where would you go?

One. Two. Three. Four. Five.

Her screeches and loud meows make you open your eyes. Her hand scratches at the door in front of her.

One. Two. Three. Four. Five.

"Hey, baby, what's — oh," he walks closer to you, and your breath stops. "Shh," he softly says, pulling your hand up to his mouth. Feel my breathing. Inhale. Exhale."

One. Two. Three. Four. Five.

"You want to breathe, just follow me," he pulls your hand down to his chest, and you feel his warmth under your palm. "Come on, I know you can do it. I'm not going to hurt you," finally, blinking as you gasp for air. "There ya go. That was perfect. Follow my breathing. Inhale. Exhale. Alpine, come here, girl. She stayed with you all night, didn't you?"

The fluffy angel jumps in your lap, and you smile as you look down at her. Starting to run your fingers through her fur as your breathing and heart regulates, "I think she likes you. She hasn't even begged for food. So, what do you remember from last night?"

"Fire," that was the simple answer. The complicated answer was you cleansed yourself of all the embedded memories in that house. You couldn't tell this stranger that.