Chapter 8: Traitors and Allies

(Takes place in season 2, episode 12; Maces and Talons. Sorry if the events don't match the actual series, I don't have the brain cells to rewatch RTTE for like the 10th time so I'm just going off my memory and partly the internet for a reminder.)

For the next few hours, the dragon riders and I shared information with each other. As Hiccup and Astrid looked through my journal, Fishlegs showed me something called a Dragon Eye. I remember Viggo talking about it and how it had a lot of dragon information, and he was definitely right. After Fishlegs put a glass lens thing inside the circular object, he had his dragon, Meatlug, spit some lava behind the dragons. Then the light from the lava went through the dragon eye and projected dragon info onto the wall.

"Wow, this is amazing. Where'd you find it?" I asked, trying to sound like I had never heard of the dragon eye. 

"Actually, it used to belong to the dragon hunters. We found it on an abandoned shipwreck and we've been collecting information from it ever since." Fishlegs said as he turned the Dragon eye, changing the projection to info on the Flightmare.

"Well it's a good thing you guys have it. Imagine the dragons that would be killed if the hunters got a hold of this." I said, taking a closer look at the Flightmare description.

"That's why the hunters keep attacking us." Astrid butted in, "They say we stole it and they want it back."

"Mhm, not to side with the hunters, but you did kinda steal it." I said, making a disgusted face.

"With good reason." Fishlegs added.

"Ya, exactly." I said.

I continued to talk with Fishlegs, Hiccup and Astrid when Hiccup asked, "Hey Chaos Rider-"

"You can call me Chaos if that's easier." I said.

"Alright, that helps." Hiccup said, "Anyway, what's this Chaos?"

I walked over and saw Hiccup was looking at some of the first few pages. "I told you that you didn't need to worry about the first few pages." I said.

"I told him that as well," Astrid said, "But Hiccup is known for not listening."

"Hey!" Hiccup complained.

"Why are those pages not important?" Fishlegs asked.

"It's when I first set out on my own." I explained, "I had a lot of things going on and most of the stuff I wrote down was just random shit."

At the word 'shit', Fishlegs looked at me like I just said I was going to jump off a cliff. "What? It's just a word." I said.

"You should hear my dad when he's drunk or mad." Hiccup said.

"Anyway, who's this?" Astrid said, pointing to the book.

I leaned forward and saw it was a drawing of me. Well, drawing of Cyra, to be correct. As far as I'm concerned, Cyra died in that fire, and I'm the piece of her that survived.

"She's Viggo's daughter." I muttered, barely loud enough for the others to hear.

"What!" Astrid blurted.

"Seriously?" Hiccup questioned.

Before I had a chance to explain, I was bombarded with questions.

"Where is she?"

"Does she hunt dragons?"

"What if she takes over Viggo's business after we get rid of him?"

"Would you all shut up for 5 seconds so I can explain?!" I yelled over everyone.