Chapter 13: Like Father, Like Son

(Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I've had a lot going on with a new semester in school, and I haven't had much motivation. I'll try to get the next few chapters out quickly, but I made no promises with my fucked up schedule)

Hiccup's POV

The air was filled with the sound of clinking metal and soft snores as I worked. I was outside my hut, working on the DragonFly Two. Even though Astrid told me not to, I knew this invention would be useful, and I was so close to figuring it out.

Not far, Chaos was taking a much deserved nap. She was sitting on my work table, her back resting against the stone forge. Star Gazer was lying in front of the table, Toothless next to her.

Chaos had showed up a few days ago, reporting that she had seen signs of a hunters base. She had destroyed it before the hunters could properly protect it, but the fact they were setting up bases was concerning. It means that Viggo might be planning to strike. After that, Chaos decided to help us reinforce the Edge, and she's been working hard ever since then. It wasn't until just now she finally took my advice to get some rest and she was now out like a light.

"So? What do you think bud?" I asked Toothless, who lifted his head up and just groaned at the sight of the machine.

"What? No love for the old Dragonfly Two?" I asked, making Toothless groan more, "Oh come on. You love these wings. They let me fly beside you, they put us in precarious situations that you always have to save me from."

Toothless glared at me before getting up and walking away, not wanting any part of it.

"Suit yourself." I said, going back to my work, "Alright, I think this is probably gonna need some welding. Hey bud, can you fire up the forge?"

"I'll do it!" A voice suddenly yelled, making me and Toothless jump.

I looked up and saw it was Snotlout, who had a wide grin from the back of his dragon. There was also a muttering in the background, more than likely Chaos stirring in her sleep.

"Oh, my Thor! Snotlout! How many times have I told you not to sneak up on me like that?" I scolded, trying to be quiet for Chaos's sake.

"Uh well, if you count now, I would say... I don't care. Let me light the forge for you. Us. Let us light the forge for you. Jees, don't be so needy." Snotlout complained.

"Yeah, I think I'm ok." I said, "Also be quiet, Chaos is trying to sleep."

"Hiccup, aren't you two always complaining that I never do anything around here?" Well, here I am. Snotlout 'the Volunteer' Jorgenson. Ready to do Thor's work." Snotlout

"And that's what I'm afraid of." I said, worried about what Snotlout could mess up.

"Watch and learn, Hiccup. Watch and learn. Hookfang, hit it!" Snotlout yelled, ignoring my request to be quiet.

My eyes widened as I saw the flames ignite in Hookfang's mouth, "No, no, no, no! Snotlout, you have to build it gradually!"

Snotlout didn't listen, and soon flames were straying out of the forge, spreading everywhere. Chaos started awake, screamed, and quickly jumped away as everything caught on fire, including my hut. Everyone started to panic when suddenly water came pouring down, putting the fire out and drenching my hut. I looked up and saw it was the twins. Their dragons were holding a large water trough and they both had disappointed looks on their faces.

We all watched as the duo flew away before Snotlout piped up, "They've changed."

"I swear-" Chaos said, pretty much fuming with anger.