Chapter 27 - Triassic Ranger

A few hours ago.

"Alright everyone. Good work." Tommy tells everyone as they had just finished their training for the day. "Take 10. We'll start the next level soon."

The group groans as they all sit down on the ground with water bottles teleporting to their side courtesy of Alpha.

"Izuku, how's the progress?" Tommy asks the boy who was sparring with Jason.

"Good." Izuku answers. "I still can't morph into Dino Thunder. But I'd like to try it once. I'm confident I'll get it this time."

"Are you sure you want to try it?" Jason asks him, stopping mid-attack.

"Yeah. We could try it right now?" Izuku suggests.

"Alright. I'll call Alpha and Doc K." Tommy tells him.

"Izuku, why don't you go call All Might? Just in case you create a backlash once again." Jason suggests.

"Alright. I'll be right back." Izuku responds as he de-morphs to his base and jogs over to where the teachers were practicing with their weapons.

13 and her team of Space rangers were practicing quick draws and long ranged shots with Snipe taking lead when a stray shot bounced off the target.

"STRAY SHOT!!" Snipe warns as he sees the energy bullet rebounding off a metal pole and heading straight for Izuku.

"MIDORIYA MOVE!!!" 13 yells for Izuku. Izuku looks in their direction, noticing the bullet in his peripheral vision and decides to test out the Blue Dino Gem's powers.

"Please let this work." He prays as he raises his hand up, "Tricera Shield." He says as he closes his eyes. As the laser hits him, he is sent back, tumbling onto his butt.

"Midoriya!" 13 rushes to his side with her team. "What were you thinking?"

"I took a small gamble." Izuku answers. "And I guess it paid off." Izuku looks at his hand where a shield was now mounted.

"We heard a small explosion. Is everyone okay?" Tommy asks as he walks over to the group with Jason and Kira behind him.

"We're good. I tried to summon the Tricera Shield. Looks like I succeeded." Izuku answers looking at them.

"Doctor O, the shield..." She tells her mentor.

Tommy looks at his hand in shock. "Uhh... Izuku, sorry to burst your bubble but your attempt technically failed." He tells the boy.

"I got the shield though." Izuku argues holding out his hand with the shield on it.

[The first one in this image]

"That isn't the Tricera shield." Tommy sighs. "You managed to summon the Triassic Shield..."