Chapter Fourteen- He's Really Gone

I fell asleep crying and I had a nightmare. It had to do with Braxton leaving.

He was at the air port and he got on the plane and I watched them take off. They were about 500-600 feet the air and the engine failed and they crashed right before my eyes. Braxton died.

I ended up crying when I woke up. That's one way to wake up horrified. I checked my phone and I had 2 missed calls and 5 messages from Braxton. I ignored them all, I didn't want to talk. Not yet.

I got a cold shower and got dressed in light blue skinny jeans, a white T-shirt that said "Trouble" and white Converse. I brushed my hair and went downstairs and ate a waffle then left. I wasn't prepared for today at all. There was no way.

I drove to school where Sam and Jess were waiting for me. "We heard, are you okay?" Jess asked and I looked at them, "Sure." I huffed.

We went to class and I just fell asleep. I wanted him to tap me on the back of my shoulder and ask me if I was okay but no, he was on the way to Washington. Fucking. Washington.

All I did was sleep throughout my classes all day but I really couldn't care less. I just wanted Braxton back.

At the end of the day, I decided why not to go to the ice cream shop? I went in, got a vanilla cone and sat there, thinking. Debating whether or not to text or call Braxton. It was best for me to end the relationship because long distance relationships usually don't work out very well.

I decided to call him, on the third ring he answered, "Alexandra! I've been worried about you. I'm so sorry, I really am. I should've listened to you."

"Don't be, I was only being selfish. I was thinking only about myself, not about the opportunities for you in Washington and overseas. I'm sorry. And no, you shouldn't have listened to me." I replied and I heard him chuckle.

"What's so funny about my apology?" I asked, it sounded a little more bitchy than I had intended.

"You think everything is your fault. Its really not. You shouldn't blame yourself for every little thing. I want you to come see me." He said, out of nowhere and I was a bit taken back.

"But, Braxton you're in Washington. Even you said its not a good idea to come see you." I replied.

"Yeah I know its not but, after graduation, come see me. I'm not going overseas. I got a scholarship to San Diego State, and I think I might take it." He retorted and I could almost see the smirk on his face.

"Oh my God, Braxton! Of course I'll come see you! I can't wait to see you again!" I squealed and some of the workers looked at my oddly and some of them looked touched. Not sure why but hey, I don't care.

"Good, cause I already kind of booked your ticket and bought it. I'm flying you to Washington because I don't know quite yet if I'm going to San Diego State. But, I can't wait to see your beautiful face. I already miss it."

"I miss you too. It feels like forever since I've seen you when in reality, its been like 16 hours. What am I going to do with myself for 3 months?" I questioned and I heard him laugh.

"Just to be clear, we did break up right?" He asked and I swallowed before answering, "Uhm, yeah. I guess so."

"Okay, cause I didn't want to fuck up again just in case I meet another girl and like her." He said and I felt my world crash around me.

I thought no matter what, he loved me? And I was his one and only? I've found out that guys don't really care. You should take everything they say with a grain of sand because no matter what, they don't mean it...Right?