Chapter Eighteen- Moving

That week, we started packing and getting our shit ready to move to Florida. This was gonna be so much fun. Sand between our toes, the waves crashing down, the sight of pure happiness.

We finally got our stuff ready and got our tickets and the next morning, we were going to Florida.

We were laying in bed and looking at the ceiling when he turned and looked at me so I did the same, "I can't wait for us to move to Florida." He said and I smiled, "I know. I can't wait either. College is gonna be fun. Especially spring break in Florida." Then he smirked.

"Ugh, I love you so much Alexandra." He said and I couldn't help but smile again, "I love you so much too."

"Will you be my girlfriend... Again?" He asked and I winced, "Maybe this is too soon. I knew this was coming one day this week but I think we should wait a little bit."

"Okay." He replied, a bit of sadness in his voice.

"Are you okay?" I asked and he sighed, "Yes. I'm fine. I just want you to be mine. Again. But its okay, you're not 100% ready and I'm willing to wait since you waited three months on me." Then he forced a smile.

"Okay." I said and rolled over and fell asleep.

•••••

The next morning we got up, and done the whole procedure over again. Grabbing our shit, going to the airport, getting our shit and flying to Florida. It felt like the longest goddamn flight ever.

When we got off, we got our stuff and we moved into our new apartment that we bought together off campus.

We enrolled into Florida State and then went to chill in our new apartment. We spent the first day just unpacking and the second day we just relaxed, completely jet lagged and worn the fuck out.

Over the next month, we got closer, but in a friendly way. He hasn't made any moves or asked me out again, we've just been there for each other and we're all each other has. One day, we decided to go to the beach, just relax, sunbathe, get in the water and have fun. That's all we planned to do and that's all that happened.

We were sunbathing and he got up and held his hand out, "Let's go get in the water, Alexandra."

"Do I have to? I was going to, but just not yet." I replied and he laughed, "Yes, you have to, its boring as hell just sitting here and so, let's go!" He yelled, picking me up and throwing me over his shoulder.

"Braxton Jennings! Put me the hell down!" I squealed, pounding my fist on his back.

He just laughed, again. Then, next thing I knew, I was thrown into the water.

I got up and went over to him and pushed him, "You asshole!" I squealed and he laughed again.

We had so much fun. Around 4:30 we packed up and decided to go home. On our way home, someone was swerving into our lane and smash. They hit us. I remember Braxton putting his arm in front of me to protect me and then I blacked out.

••••••••••

I woke up in the hospital and my dad, mom, Sam, Jess and Ethan were in my room.

"Dad? Why the hell is she in here?" I asked, getting quickly angry, while pointing at my mom.

"I tried to get her to leave but she refused." He replied and I swallowed, "Get. The. Hell. Out." And then my mom looked at the ground and walked out.

"Alex, are you okay?" My dad asked and I shook my head no, "Tell me where Braxton is and I will be."

"Braxton is still in a coma. You've been in a coma for 2 weeks." Sam said and I looked at her, "I-Is he okay?"

"We don't know." Ethan said, tears slipping down his face.

"Why are you crying?" I asked him worriedly. "I j-j-j-just hate seeing you like this." He replied, trying to catch his breath from sobbing.

"I'm okay, everything will be fine. My head just hurts and so does my ribcage." I replied and my dad nodded, "You suffered a mild concussion and when Braxton's arm blocked you, his elbow must've hit you in the ribs. That's why your ribs hurt."

"See guys? I'm fine. Just a little banged up, that's all." Then I laughed and so did everyone else.

The doctor came in, asked everyone to leave so he could do an evaluation and after he was done he said my concussion was getting better and that my ribs should be better in about a month or two. And just to keep a brace around it.

Before he walked out I said, "Hey... Is uhm, is Braxton Jennings okay?"

He looked down then came over to me, "He took the worst of it. His brain is bleeding slowly but we've slowed it down, and he also broke his ribs, which collapsed his left lung. We're doing everything we can to save his life. I'm sorry you had to hear this..." Then he walked out.

I sat there for a few minutes, trying to just... Just take everything in. Then, I burst into tears. Everyone walked back in and they were crying too. We all just hugged and comforted each other.

I thought nothing else bad could happen. But, look at what happened, a fucking car accident, me broken and bruised not only in a physical way and now, Braxton could be dead. Fuck. My. Life.

OKAY GUYS! I KNOW ITS BEEN A LONG TIME SINCE YOU'VE GOTTEN A CHAPTER AND I'M SO SORRY! ONLY TWO MORE CHAPTERS AFTER THIS BY THE WAY! I FOUND MY BIT OF INSPIRATION AGAIN AND DECIDED TO USE IT!

SORRY TO MAKE YOU EMOTIONAL! I CRIED SO DAMN HARD WATCHING THIS LIKE FRFR!

OKAY, I LOVE YOU ALL, BYE PEOPLE WHO READ MY SHIT!!!