CHAPTER-18

Jungkook exhaled sharply as he stood before the cafe

Jungkook exhaled sharply as he stood before the cafe. He glanced at his wristwatch to confirm the timing and wiped his palms over the pants to remove the sweat building within them.

Okay! I know the code word for safety.

I know self-defence.

And if nothing works I can just run.

Let's do this!

Jungkook closed his eyes and jogged in his place as a part of the little warm-up he would like to call.

The random customers entering the cafe threw weird looks at Jungkook but that wasn't his concern right now.

I am the boss!

I am the new big boss!

No one can intimidate me.

With one last breath, Jungkook stepped into the cafe to look for the person. He went straight to the cash counter but was nudged by a stranger halfway.

He jumped off the floor at the sudden touch and eventually relaxed once he saw a big old guy with huge dark glasses and an oversized hat.

Surely, that wasn't intimidating.

Jungkook almost shrieked turning pale as the man stretched his hand towards him.

You gotta chill, Jungkook.

He is just asking for a handshake!

Jungkook internally smacked himself for being this nervous. He quickly flashed a small smile and took the man's hand, "Nice to meet you, Sir."

"Nice to meet you, Eglan. If you are okay, can we talk about the details at the seat there?" Bang Shi hyuk pointed towards the very corner seat in the Cafe to which Jungkook nodded half-heartedly.

Ten minutes.

It's been fucking ten minutes since they sat over this damn seat and no talks yet.

Jungkook was feeling all anxious by the silence and the old man's stare was scaring the crap out of him.

"So, what is this about?" Jungkook initiated the conversation unable to hold the silence anymore.

"I am sorry if I made you uncomfortable but it's a part of my work to observe children-"

"I am not a child! So you better don't do that with me," Jungkook spoke in an authoritative tone.

What is this?

Jungkook couldn't believe he spoke in such a sassy tone.

All the while it was Yoongi who had that tone and he used to observe from afar but never tried it himself.

Now that he did try.

It feels different.

It feels powerful.