Chapter 3: Whatever The Hell We Want

"An entire damn planet and we couldn't drop somewhere close to a water source" Mackenzie mumbled bitterly under her breath

Her and Wells had spent much too long wandering from camp, as far as they could go without forgetting where they were exploring and how to get back, searching for some type of safe water to drink. Her stomach rumbled from hunger and her throat was dry with thirst; being in the dun for too long certainly wasn't helping either.

Wells loosely shrugged, "There has to be one here" He responded hopefully

He brushed aside a tree branch, allowing Mackenzie to hop over a small slope to enter the camp once more. They were coming around the dropship, and from what little that she could see, all of the delinquents were having fun which wasn't that much of a shock, she hasn't been in the Sky Box as long as most of them, as Mackenzie had only spent a year there, which was long for her, but they finally felt free.

"Maybe we should wait for Clarke to get back with the others," Mackenzie suggested, swinging her hands as she trudged forward beside Wells, "They're going pretty far but we can survive a day without water, right?"
"I don't know," Wells answered hesitantly, attempting to remember what they learned in Earth Skills back in The Ark, "It wouldn't hurt to look more but we're too weak"

The conversation about survival they both were having was interrupted suddenly by two males approaching them, Murphy and Mbege with smug grins plastered not heir faces, "Find any water yet?" Murphy questioned, surprising Mackenzie that he was actually interested

While Mackenzie wanted to snap at them and demand they beat it, Wells was softer and much more kind, "No, not yet" He replied, "But we'll be going back out soon if you want to come"
the idea of Wells' offer to spend hours with two arrogant people had Mackenzie huff and turn her head, putting her hands on her hips. As her head rounded, she noticed scraping on the side of the dropship wall forming words that made her scowl.

FIRST SON

FIRST TO DYE.

It was a clear threat, and it made Mackenzie's lip curl. She nudged Wells with her shoulder, catching his attention unmaking him notice the warning. The pair could see the distasteful look Mackenzie was sporting and chortled under their breath in amusement. Looking back at Murphy, it was evident that the message was from him, as he had his fingers curled onto a potted piece of metal shaped into a knife before rubbing his lower nose with a sniffle.

"You know," Murphy began, "My father, he begged for mercy in the airlock chamber when your father floated him, "He spat out nastily, full of bitterness

Mackenzie didn't blame him for being so angry about his parent's death, trust her she had every right to be just as angry, but everything that the Chancellor had done to impose their strict laws had nothing to do with his son.

Expecting Wells to be intimidated, Mackenzie unexpectedly watched as Wells body knocked his shoulder into Murphy's making him stumble before retorting a direct insult, "You spelled die wrong, geniuses"

A grin spread on Mackenzie's face and she skipped ahead, passing by Murphy and Mbege and ready to leave them behind before a spiteful comment being fro behind her, "So what are you, the Prince's Knight?"
The new alias being shot at her stopped Mackenzie in her heels, and catching Murphy's snake-like expression. He didn't have to like her, or even Wells for that matter, but he was going to have no choice but to face the actuality that Mackenzie would do whatever it takes to keep her new friend safe, no matter the costs of doing so.

Before leaving, Mackenzie decided to make sure that Murphy knew with a permanent glare on her face in his direction. She didn't need to say anything else. Her words were clear before.