Chapter 10: Blood For Blood

Once Clarke was in a comfortable position, still knocked out cold, Bellamy had started making orders. Mackenzie was crouched in position outside of the dropship, with her rifle cocked correctly at his command. Bellamy was on her other side, peering over a large tree stump into the woods. Raven and Finn were in the dropship, out of sight, watching over Clarke. Mackenzie could still hear Finn's earlier words in her head when he was in distress, claiming he nearly got her killed. She knew he had to be held responsible in a way for his massacre, but he seemed to be thinking about something when wavering in his self pity. It didn't sit right well with Mackenzie.

There has been nothing for the time they had been out there, which is why when a few tree branches shift, Mackenzie straightens so quickly her back cracks. She props her firearm on the stump, looking through the scope trying to get a better look. She couldn't see much, but a few large figures were dashing through. The silver glimmer is what catches her eyes. Mackenzie clears her throat, looking over to nod at Bellamy as he glances away from his own scope.

"We got company! Get out here!" Bellamy called to the ones inside the dropship. Mackenzie hears heavy footsteps but keeps her gaze locked on the woods, her heart pounding loudly in her chest. Leaves resulting were coming from every direction now, but they're hard to follow, even as more appear. Mackenzie just knows they're there, watching, waiting for the perfect moment to strike.

"We're surrounded" A familiar voice whispered. Mackenzie turned her head to see Clarke, surprised at the sight, but pulling herself together when she realized she was right

Lowering his gun, Bellamy rose, "Back inside" He demanded, ordering everyone, seeing that they wouldn't win without a plan. There was too many. Mackenzie stood, taking turns with small peeks outside past the curtain, "They're not moving any closer" Finn noted, his boots thudding against the dropship's metal ground

"Staying out of range" Bellamy added in a mumble, "Probably waiting until it's dark" Mackenzie shakes her head, wondering how long that would be. How long they had.

"If we hit them now, at least we'd take them by surprise" Bellamy suggested

"We can't do this with no plan and guns blazing" Hailey countered

Clarke nods, "We don't even know how many of them are out there" She says in addition

"I'm hearing not hearing any better ideas" Bellamy said

We start to argue back and forth about what we should do when Finn starts shouting, "Stop! Stop!" He stands firmly, "They've got us surrounded, the only thing we can do is stay and defend this place" He declared. Finn waited, looking at each member in the circle. Mackenzie nodded in agreement, knowing they were only in this together if they ever wanted to push through this. With the others on Finn's side, he continued, "I'll take the lower level. You four, take the front gate" He ordered, "That's the plan. Alright?"

Accepting it, Mackenzie nodded again. She lets Bellamy leave first while Clarke grabs a gun for herself, pausing at the curtain as she watched Raven touched Finn's shoulder. She remembered when she'd become so easily jealous, but now only couldn't place her finger exactly on what she was feeling, "We got this" Raven reassured Finn, pulling him into a tight embrace.

Finn's chin hooked over Raven's shoulder and his eyes shut for a moment, "May we meet again" He said softly, his words barely audible, but heard by Mackenzie who's brows furrowed.

"We will" Raven responded, taken off guard as she slowly pulled away

"Yeah..." Finn trailed off before coughing, covering up the emotion in his tone

Shaking off the nervous feeling, Mackenzie wrapped her knuckles on the dropship wall, "Raven" She called, jutting her chin towards the curtain. Raven nodded, giving Finn one last smile before she strolls towards Mackenzie, both heading out without another glance to Finn.