Chapter 26: Rocket's Blow

The underneath of the drop shop was a mess, Mackenzie had yet to realize. She was always into technology, and maybe if she was still on The Ark she would have used her technology skills to advance the medical station, but she wasn't. She wasn't in space anymore, she was on Earth, underneath a space ship with Clarke and Finn to help Raven set a ring of fire to save them all. There were wires, both shut and open panels, and a tank of fuel right above their heads. Mackenzie would have been threatened by it if someone in the dropship had a gun; one story bullet could kill them all.

"Finn, do you see it over there?" Clarke called out form her side. A quiet answer of denial was sent back, "Mackenzie?"

Mackenzie sighed, slamming in the panel she had been searching through for the last five mixtures shut, "Nope" She turned, brushing aside hanging wires to see Clarke with her sleeves rolled up, a look of irritated on her face.

"Raven!" Clarke leaded to the ladder that let them tot he first level, "We can't find the ignition system" No reply. Mackenzie grew concerned, walking further in as Clarke called her name again, this time in question, "Raven?"

A strangled cry of a reply came from above, sounding like Raven, "I can't feel my legs"

Heart sinking in her chest, Mackenzie gasped in a soft disbelief. The only injury Raven sustaining was the bullet, and her condition was worsening. Finn came rushing as well, eyes wide upon hearing Raven's cry, "Oh my god"

"Okay, hold on!" Clarke instructed her, "We're coming!" She gripped onto the ladder first, climbing up. Mackenzie was right behind her, quickening her pace until she was at the top and able to pull herself up. Raven was sat against a wall, her devices put to the side as she stared at her unmoving legs in front of her with her jaw dropped, "Okay, let me see" Clarke requested, crouching on her other side

Mackenzie rested her hand on Raven's shoulder, gently helping her lean forward. No matter how careful she was, she still sobbed in pain with a few shouts until Clarke could lift up the back of her shirt to see the exit wound. Mackenzie's eyes grew wide at the sight and she let out another quiet gasp, heard by Raven, who groaned, "That bad, huh?"

It was. Her wound was a mix of red and purple, a large bruise covering the shut wound, which could have been considering possibly normal. But her veins were popping through, a brighter red, where her spine was. Mackenzie bit her lower lip, helping sit Raven back painfully. Clarke hesitated before breaking the bad news in a soft voice, "Raven, the bullet's in your spine. You're bleeding internally"

A sorrowful look washed over Raven's face before she shoved the emotion away just as fast, "We better do this fast then, huh?" She employed the fearless card, "Get back down there"

Mackenzie refused to listen to the order, wanting Raven to react, "No" She stated sharply, "Clarke what can we do?" She asked desperately. Clarke pressed her lips tightly together before shaking her head in defeat, silently telling Mackenzie without words that there was nothing they could do. They didn't have useful medical equipment, or any experience more than her's and Clarke's small nursing skills.

When Mackenzie thought all hope for Raven was lost, Finn's head lifted like an idea suddenly hit him, "What if we can slow the bleeding?" He asked Clarke, "Would that help?"

"Of course it would help" Clarke responded slowly, "Can you tell me how to do that?"

"That stuff the grounders had...Coagulant" Finn says seriously, ignoring the sarcasm in Clarke's tone, "You said that Lincoln had some too"

A look Mackenzie recognized all too well was brought to Clarke's features, "Clarke, what is it?" She urged her, "What can it do? Can it help?" She rambled, keeping one of her hands on Raven's arm