Prologue

"Were all the stars to disappear and die,
I should learn to look at an empty sky
And feel its total dark sublime,
Though this might take me a little time"

- W.H Auden

The sun began to set on the horizon, revealing orange, and pink rays that danced together in the sky

The sun began to set on the horizon, revealing orange, and pink rays that danced together in the sky.  Raindrops lightly tapped on the window as the weather turned bad in an instant. 

Well, it is bad for some people, but not for one girl. 

Sumi was sitting on the windowsill by the open window, leaning her back against the frame. She watched the beautiful sight unfold before her eyes as she smoked a cigarette.  Her strict parents hated  when she smoked, but she did not care. She disliked when someone told her what to do with her lifeㅡ especially, when it came to herself. 

Sitting in her favoriteㅡgray sweatpants, and black tank top, her raven hair fell in waves around her shoulders. Her bangs had not been trimmed for a long time, which meant they were getting into her eyes. According to Sumi; she did not have to go to the hairdresser, because the girl was her own hairdresser

Or simply, she could ask her best friends for help.

As Sumi put her cigarette out, on the nowㅡwet windowsill, a single tear fell onto her pants, leaving a small stain.

"Sumi! Your boyfriend came to visit."

Hearing her mother's voice, Sumi sighed as she climbed down from the window. She wanted to leave the window in her room open, however her boyfriend would deny itㅡ he did not want his girl to get sick.

Her room was not too big; it was perfect, according to the girl. A small space where she could hideㅡ escape from reality. Her queen size bed took up most of her room. On the right bedside table was there a vintage lampㅡ illuminating half of the room while on the left side, lied stack of books that Sumi was reading one by one in a free time.

Being a bookworm, she loved reading crime, and fantasy stories. Very often, her boyfriend complained that she read too much nonsense, and too little truth.

Above the bed hung posters of the favorite bands that Sumi listened to, and in the corner of the room where the drawers were, her electric guitar had its special place. On the desk wedged between the corner of the room, and the drawerslied torn pieces of paper with notebooks beside. Sumi did not want to clean it upㅡ she had her own organizing system that no one understood.

Walking down the stairs,  lights beamed everywhere as if there was some kind of a party, but no wayㅡ not in her house. Her mother's giggle came from the kitchen, and it was already obvious that she was talking to Dohee.

As she leaned against the kitchen door frame, attention turned to her.

"Sumi, you have such a polite boyfriend!"