Chapter 18

Y/N's P.O.V

 "Sh#t," I muttered, angry at myself for the slip-up about my parents. Tiger is literally a master interpreter, he knows when something is wrong. Now, that I accidentally told him a hint, he's gonna find out what had happened.

 So, what really happened was that my parents . . . well, they disowned me, they had always liked Miko best, and I was alone, with some cash from Miko who was actually kind enough to lend me some money, I got a room at a dingy apartment and had to work part-time jobs such as a bartender every night, a cashier every weekday, morning to evening, a barista on Saturdays and Sundays for mornings, a waitress at a really expensive sushi restaurant on weekends, afternoon to evening, and finally, I squeeze enough time to edit writers' works, YouTubers' videos, and so on.

 After about like five months of doing all that, I was exhausted, Tiger and I had grown increasingly distant, Tiger had tried contacting me before but then he was offered a contract by Nakama FC's Coach, Ura Giri, and so he stopped - he trained every day so yeah.

 He asked my brother about it, but Miko just changed the subject every time so often that Tiger gave up. Me? I was offered a contract by Ura Giri too after about one more month when I went out jogging at supersonic speed and he spotted me.

 Ura Giri tested me and found out that I was perfect for his team - except that he didn't want his reputation to be shattered when the other teams found out so he hired me as a trainer for his players and that was the time, I quit all of my jobs - they were actually sad to see me go - since I was awesome at my job - and decided to start a fresh new life.

 Course, I was still living in the dingy apartment cause I cleaned it up and it's a lot better now, but then? I finally had a full-time job that paid more handsomely than all the jobs I had. I met Tiger again, we bonded with ease and when he asked about my mysterious disappearance, I just shrugged it off with a fake smile plastered across my face. I just didn't want pity - especially from him, he was just too nice. Some years passed after Tiger and Miko's painful injuries - I cared for them and nursed them back to full health.

 And then Tiger left. For Supa Strikas. I was heartbroken to see him go but we made a promise we'd see each other and after he left, I went full depressed mode, and pushed Nakama's players harder than ever, and even Miko complained to me - which Ura Giri shooed him off.

 Back to reality, I was sitting in the locker room of Supa Strikas. Everyone was ready for the next match with us and Nakama. I wasn't nervous about winning, I was nervous to meet Miko, I could just imagine the disgusted and disappointed elderly look on his face and he'd be like 'Shame on you' and I'd break out in cold sweat.

 While I was thinking about my future meeting with Miko, Tiger softly opened the door of the locker room, and sat down next to me.

 "Are you ok, N/N?" Tiger asked, his face twisted with concern.

 "If I'm being honest, Ti-Ti? No, I'm not. I'm scared to face Miko." I said, straight to the point and Tiger patted my back softly.

 "I am too, N/N. I'm also scared to meet Miko again. It's been so long and Ura Giri has convinced Miko that I'm bad . . . and that I dishonoured Nakama."

 I considered about meeting Miko again, maybe it wasn't so hard after all. Even Tiger's scared, but he's not going to be doing it alone.

 "C'mon. Let's win this!" I encouraged Tiger whose concerned face turned back into a smile.

 "That's the N/N I know," Tiger stood up and held out a hand which I gladly took. We both strode onto our football pitch and were ready, to play against Nakama.