14

“You want to…"

"Where are you going?" Agape asked loudly and hurriedly. Just when he was about to catch up, Hetty appeared. The housekeeper had been listening to their conversation in the dark. At this time, she had to act as the embodiment of reason between the mysterious and fanatical slave and her confused employer.

"Let him go, sir!" Hetty pulled him. "It's better to let this young man calm down. In my opinion, his chaotic mind has made him a little crazy. He thinks you are a person." This is a life-saving straw! Just let him calm down for one night, you don’t have to take care of him in everything.”

Agape was still not at ease: "But..."

"He is not you in the past. If you want to look at him as a mirror, you would be wrong." The housekeeper pointedly pointed out, "He is not as kind and melancholy as you, and he is not as kind as you." Soft-hearted. I would say that this kind of people are very resilient, because they are never afraid of hurting others, nor are they afraid of others hurting them. A powerful double-edged sword is firmly held in their hands."

It's just that he met you, the housekeeper said secretly in her heart. This gloomy black crow has lost its soul since then, desperately trying to pick up some shiny things into the nest to please its master.

"If you don't realize this yet," Hetty advised, "don't give him vain hopes and just let him be!"

After saying this, the wise lady picked up the ignorant Lily to prevent her from putting the small silver coins in her mouth as candy.

Agape looked thoughtfully at the street. He accepted Hetty's persuasion and allowed Black Crow to run away from home.

Sure enough, early the next morning, the tall and gloomy servant appeared in the small building again. He restrainedly expressed his apology to Agape and swore to promise that such a thing would never happen again.

"You are free," Agape said. "In name, I bought you, but in fact, I didn't treat you as a slave. If you want to go somewhere, go ahead. No need to ask my permission.”

For some reason, hearing his tolerant and kind answer, Black Crow's expression became more and more painful. He bowed without saying a word, hiding his sincere heart that had been secretly wounded, and walked away from Agape.

On the other side, Black Crow's intelligence business can be considered to have started.

He took to this port city like a fish in water. In just six months, the webs he had formed even spread across the entire ocean. Passing transport ships rely on his ability to distinguish the authenticity of spices, merchants in the market are waiting for him to bring the latest market conditions, and even the idlers who previously despised and feared his appearance are now looking forward to it, waiting to hear from him. Some anecdotes and strange things that came here served as conversation materials after dinner.

Black Crow is generous and cruel. On the one hand, the rewards he gives to those children are no longer one or two vague candies, but real and generous financial rewards; on the other hand, he is among the groups of beggars, prostitutes and thieves. , established strict rules and almost a prestige of faith. These abandoned children who used to be like waterweeds suddenly understood the power of "gossip" and gained a terrible backbone from it.

Ironically, if the black crow didn't have this name, distorted appearance, sinister eyes, and disabled body, it would be difficult for them to worship this man like a god. In the eyes of everyone, Black Crow's disability is a kind of barter transaction, which means that he exchanged his appearance, health, and destiny for the special ability of omniscience.

All kinds of gold, silver and copper coins were continuously handed over to Black Crow from the sea, and then he sent them to Agapena nonchalantly. He once said that he would let Lily eat countless fire plums every day, and now he has done it. Every morning, this expensive fruit from the north will be delivered to the door of the small building by different people, and there are even words on it. With the cool and fresh dew, even the leaves are tender and green.