32

Before setting foot on a foreign land, Agape was not without fears and concerns. He worried about many things, worried that Lily would become acclimated and bullied, worried that he could not protect Mrs. Hetty well, worried that he would not be able to arouse the interest of the bishop in exchange for his protection... He worried so much, In the end, he suddenly discovered that none of these things had happened, and they had established a foothold within the bishop's sphere of influence.

"The soil in the greenhouse is fertile, and the saplings are growing very well. From the time they sprouted to when I measured it this morning, they have grown about six inches. I still have some energy left, so I can try to plant some peppers because cloves are in their maturity period. It's a long time, and I'm worried that things will change." Agape reported to Bishop Juan, "Others... nothing more." The bishop

stared at him, Agape thought for a while, and quickly added: "Your Excellency, Bishop. "

Who taught you to talk about things like this?" Juan asked, pinching his eyebrows.

Agape was puzzled: "No one taught me, I just think it's good. Talking about something is convenient for both the speaker and the listener."

Bishop Juan snorted in his heart.

If only the idiots who come to me from now on can be like you. Unfortunately, even if the Day of Judgment comes, there will be no less opportunistic people in the world who are flattering and full of smooth words. You appear to be so in line with my wishes. It really seems that you have come to please me out of ulterior ambition and greed for power...

Juan Fonseca is competitive by nature. He is both a highly utilitarian bureaucrat and a A powerful minister with an eccentric temperament. When others spoke to him, they often had to be cautious, so as to be on guard against any unintentional words that might offend the moody bishop.

At this moment, Agape looked at him in confusion, not knowing why he suddenly started blowing his beard and staring.

"You can leave." The bishop said, throwing over a permission slip. "I grant your request. Plant your cloves and cardamom well, and I will know when you are lazy."

Even though Agape was puzzled, He bowed anyway, took the permission slip, and exited the bishop's study.

As soon as he went out, the attendants gathered around him curiously, wanting to know his situation with the bishop this time.

"Well," Agape said confused, "he just gave me a permit."

The attendants exchanged silent glances, and after Agape left, some of them knocked on the shoulders of others. : "Hey, I'd like to admit defeat and hand over the money!"

The losers could only mutter, took out a few silver coins from their pockets, and put them into the hands of their winning companions.

"I knew it! He can always get something from our bad-tempered bishop!" The winner said happily, "This is a Mr. Miracle." "Damn, this doesn't make sense

!" The loser complained loudly, "No one can always be satisfied with the bishop... You have to refuse him something!" "

I'm sure there is a miracle to protect this stranger. The bishop likes him, even a fool can see it."

Agape I don't know yet, but because of his abnormality, the attendants have secretly made a bet on him.

They bet on when Juan Fonseca would withdraw his fickle favor and treat Agape like everyone else, but the bet turned out to be one-sided every time, every time.

For some inexplicable reason that Agape could not explain, whenever he entered the bishop's reception room, he would always bring something with him. In addition to the permission slip, there were also gardening funds, research funds, and precious exotic materials related to botany. Books...