15

Three months have passed...

Three months have passed, and time has flown by. Just two days ago, he and Black Crow transplanted those young lilac seedlings with their own hands. How many of them will survive is still an unsolved mystery.

"Sir, there is someone looking for you outside."

There was a knock on the door, and Agape's thoughts were forced away from Lilac. He raised his head and saw Hetty standing there.

"Is anyone looking for you?" He looked out the window, where the blue sky and white clouds were unobstructed. It was the most common sunny day in the harbor. "Is he someone you know?"

Hetty shook his head, and Agape sighed, dipped his quill in the ink bottle, and protracted his voice skillfully and feebly: "Black Crow is not at home. He has an appointment with someone and may not come back until the evening or not at night." I can't come back. I'm very busy at work today and I don't have time to entertain guests. I'm very sorry--"

The housekeeper's wife made a face and went down to convey the master's opinion.

"It's endless..." Agape muttered tiredly, rubbed his forehead, and continued to compare the handwriting attentively. The priest has reached the age where his eyesight is dim, and the contents on the parchment can no longer be clearly seen. Many insignificant letters were ghostwritten by Agape.

It has to be said that this is a tedious job. No one can imagine how many believers a parish missionary has to take the trouble to deal with, and how many patrons and regional governors he has to maintain relationships with. Out of a need to kill time with work and experience himself, Agape accepted the priest's commission. However, during this period, there were too many people who came to disturb him, and his work had to be postponed. .

I hope today can pass quietly so that I don't have to write furiously under the oil lamp. Agape thought with a headache. If that happens, the black crow will definitely sit outside again and stare at me without blinking. .

Just yesterday, Agape turned on the oil lamp early in order to make up for the missed progress. When it was time to go to bed, the black crow knocked on the door. "Why don't you turn off the lamp, sir?" he asked softly.

"You go to bed first," Agape folded a pile of envelopes together, "I still have a while."

He didn't notice that these words were very similar to the instructions between husband and wife. There was a smile in the black crow's eyes. He looked at it quietly for a while, then retreated into the darkness silently.

Agape thought he had gone to bed and didn't pay much attention to it. When he had almost finished handling the tasks in front of him, the ink in the bottle fell down and the lamp oil was almost burned out. I didn't notice it when I was concentrating on writing the letter before, but now as soon as I put down my pen and straightened my back, Agape suddenly took a breath and froze in his seat.

"Sir?" A gentle voice of questioning suddenly came from the door. Agape looked up and saw Black Crow standing there, holding a blanket in his hand. "Does your back hurt? It will be better if you put it on."

Agape was surprised: "Why are you up? Did I wake you up?"

"No," Black Crow said lightly, "I didn't sleep."

"You didn't sleep?" Agape glared at him, "What time is it now? You didn't sleep?"

Black Crow smiled and deliberately misinterpreted his question into an ordinary question: "It's still a while before dawn. I haven't slept, but it's not a problem for you to sleep in."

He came over and wrapped the blanket around Agape's shoulders, "I wanted to send it over just now, but seeing how attentive you were, I didn't bother you."