71

I don’t know how much time passed before the door behind him was pushed open.

The first mate walked in cautiously and saw Gerald slumped on the ground like a lifeless corpse. The loyal servant was shocked and thought that his master had reached a dead end.

After calming down, he discovered that Gerald was still breathing, so he hurriedly lifted him up and helped him sit down on a chair.

Although he was afraid of his master's madness and cruelty, and admired his master's mastery, at this moment, he still couldn't help but feel a trace of sympathy in his heart.

He had followed Gerald Scott for many years, and watched helplessly as he fell deeper and deeper into Agape. It was like he was plunging into a vortex of quicksand, and would eventually end up with no body intact, but It's a matter of speed.

"My lord," he hesitated before asking, "in the past you said that once you complete your revenge, you will choose your own end. Now, have you made your choice?"

Gerald shed tears lifelessly. He may have heard his subordinate's words, or he may not have heard them. He was still immersed in his own world, tortured by memories.

After a moment, he suddenly laughed.

His voice was dry and hoarse, not like that of a living person, but more like a rusty machine that was wound up for the last time before dying.

...Yes, he did have such great ambitions, and he did once stand in front of a corpse whose name he could no longer remember, speaking innocent and crazy words without shame. He said that after everything was over, he would go to Agape's trial and accept his destiny. But at that time, what suffering and pain did he know?

"He forgave me..." he said hoarsely, his eyes completely blank, as blank as a blind man, "he said goodbye to me, and he let me go..." What he said would be

appreciated by other normal people. , everyone would feel confused, but the first mate miraculously understood what he meant.

Love is very common in people's lives. Men and women exchange their love words for each other. After the accumulation and exaggeration of the world, no matter how clumsy a person is, they can spit out some "If you don't love, you would rather die" from your mouth. oath. It is frivolous, dissipated and changeable, but it is harmless and even has a certain performative nature. After all kinds of lovers break up, at most they can offset the pain by crying a lot or being depressed for a period of time.

However, his employer is trapped in the second kind of love.

The second kind of love was piercing and cruel, twisting his mind, imprisoning his soul, and materializing the pain in his soul into his limbs. It not only made people cry, but also made them bleed. However, it replaces all the blood, nerves and bones in a person's body. Once it is removed from it, the person will be completely drained and nothing will be left.

He had no other choice but to use barren words and weakly persuaded: "Forgive, isn't forgiveness a good thing, sir? This means that you can be freed from the sins of the past. He, Agape Sir, he..."

The first mate suddenly remembered something and hurriedly played the life-saving card: "Speaking of which, it was Mr. Agape who asked me to come in and take care of you! I stood outside and he walked straight out. , after seeing me, he first asked me if I was 'playing for Gerrard', I definitely said yes, and then he said - his tone was particularly soft - 'You can go in, your master is inside , need your help'. I rushed in right after!"

Even though he mentioned Agape's name and tried his best to exaggerate the other's concern, Gerald's eyes only brightened a little, and still Couldn't fully come back to life.