Chapter 12

Author's POV...

She was made to sit beside him in front of homam... The priest  were chanting mantras..... Rathnama was in her own line of thought to find valid reason to say when he ask her tonight and also the way to do the midnight prayer...

She can't let anyone know about that prayer to anyone before completing it... As it was the last Yaamaparithi Poojai... She doesn't want to stop it and let her Udaiyar's life at sake......

She have to come up with some reason at least for tonight alone... She will say him the truth tomorrow... The thought of lying and hiding something from him itself hurting her... But for him she have to do that....

Even when the priest asked her to see the King's face in the oil.. She didn't saw him.. She doesn't have that much strength to see him when she was thinking about what lie she should say to him to convince him tonight....

She just nodded her head positively when the priest asked her as she can see the reflection of the king in it.....

All this wasn't went unnoticed by the King Udaiyan Sethupathi.... He was controlling himself not to show his anger in front of everyone... He was impatiently waiting for tonight to get his answers from her in private....

The homam was over and Rathnama was again taken away from him and he had to wait till the sun set and darkness consumes the sky leaving the shining stars show their magic.. As it was full moon day.... Moon will come even before sun fully sets filling the place with its cold light....

Both the King and Queen wasn't in that much pleasant mood to visualize the beauty of that night because inside them huge volcano is boling to blast out tonight which is going to destroy everything that came through its flowing path......

Finally Rathnama decided what she is going to say him as reason... She was already scared and hurt because she knows what ever she was about to say him going to upset him worst case hurt him to the core......

But she was sure that she can solve that tomorrow morning.... After coming back from the prayer the first thing she would do will be saying him the truth.... Till then she have to be strong.... She prayed that Ramanathaswamy in her heart to give her the strength to pass this night....

Taking deep breath she entered inside her chamber which was decorated beautifully for the reunion of the King and Queen,..............

She locked the big door and started taking slow steps towards the bed where he was sitting... Waiting for her..... She still didn't looked up from the ground.... She walked over the flower petals.... Only her silambu sound as well as her racing heartbeat is audible in that big chamber...

He was watching her every act intensely... His eyes we're literally poring holes in her body....what increased her anger more was her scared state.......

He closed his eyes to contol himself... His hands were gripping the wollen bed spread in tight hold.... His veins were popping up..... She gulped Seeing his hands itself.... She can say how much he was controlling himself not to give in to his anger....

She came closer to him and she bent and was about to touch his feet he stood up......

She saw his broad back his body was heaving up and down... Taking heavy breath.....she was agitated but she doesn't have another option... She have to speak... She can't wait for him to take the first step to converse... It's getting late for the prayer....

Taking deep breath she called him....

"Arasae....... "

No reaction....