Chapter 46

Udaiyaar's POV

I couldn't understand what was troubling you, Udaiyaal, but I knew it was related to an event from the past. I informed you and allowed you to meet with Queenmother Magaiyarkarasi and talk with her, as I was close to discovering who attempted to harm you during the Yamaparithi Poojai.

I believed that my worries would lessen once I brought you back to the capital from Varmanadu, where I could protect you from those who seek to harm you...Yet now, I feel as though I've failed; I haven't been able to protect you from the turmoil you're enduring, and I'm completely unaware of what's causing your constant restlessness and anxiety...

You seemed happier when I saw you from a distance all these years... but now, even as I stand right beside you, there's a void in your eyes... an unspoken sorrow whose cause I don't know, I couldn't reach in and bring you back to happiness...

There always seems to be something concealed behind your words and actions, and no matter how hard I try to uncover it, success eludes me because it never leads to a single point—it's perplexing...

Like you know something but don't want to share it with anyone else not even me yet wants to solve it on your own and each time something pulling you back..................

Why you are so invested in knowing my mother's story....is she have the answers you are searching for ?..........but what exactly you are searching Udaiyaal......what are you hiding from me.............

I inquired her who was resting in my embrace; the steady rhythm of her breath against my neck indicated she was in a state of peace and deep slumber....

I took a deep breath, kissed her forehead, and was about to close my eyes when something caught my attention.....

Gently extricating myself to avoid waking her, I climbed out of the bed and moved toward the trunk. which have my mother's belongings.......there was two big trunks......

I opened one, and it had my mother's clothes and jewelry... I don't know why, but my hand automatically reached for her saree... all these things belonged to her... even these items had the chance to be with my amma, but not me... am I such a worthless reason for you to stay back, amma?...

Throughout my childhood, I would often ask Ranniyamma about you, possibly until Udaiyaal was born. As time passed, the childlike curiosity within me was overshadowed by the responsibilities that came with the title of Crown Prince. I ceased to inquire after you... Everyone assumed I stopped because Udaiyaal filled the void, and my faith in your return was restored....

That was partially true, but the actual reason is that I realized my amma didn't die while giving birth to me; instead, she gave up on life only after bringing me into this world. I was just the responsibility she had to fulfill, and once it was done, she left me alone.....

I was just 5 years old then amma....I was a child and that child have to bear that heavy pain.....you punished me for something which was never my fault......you did injustice to me.....even Leaving Ranniyamma for me don't justify you at all amma.....I can forgive anyone but you...

I refuse to be weak while my Udaiyaal is already shattering... Taking a deep breath, I wiped away the single tear that escaped my eyes without consent and shut the trunk....

I was on the verge of turning back, but something halted me. Clenching my fists and gathering my composure, I turned around, approached the next trunk, and opened it.

It has my amma's other things mostly the weapons she made and used.......... 

Beneath them, I found a small wooden box. As I held it in my hands, I noticed it was locked, and I wondered about the means to unlock it. Upon examining it closely for a clearer view, I recognized something familiar but couldn't recall exactly what it was....

As I searched for something to open it, I suddenly remembered the chain I was wearing. It bore a peculiar pendant. My father had told me it was the only thing my mother left for me. I had never dared to take it off all these years.......

I took off the chain and inspected the pendant; it didn't seem to fit directly. Upon closer inspection, I discovered that the top of the pendant could be twisted. Once I did that, a key was revealed. It fit the lock perfectly, and I couldn't help but smile as the box unlocked successfully...

I opened the box and found a scroll....did my mother left this for me????

I grasped the scroll and loosened the silk rope that bound it.

it reads....

"I hope this my son reading this first......

I'm not sure what name my sister has chosen for you, so I'm unable to address you by a specific name.

because you belong to the Sethupathi Empire. no one has authority over you, not even I, your mother.

I am writing this for you before you are born, as I have decided to fulfill my responsibility of bringing the heir into the world and then depart in silence.

I won't ask your forgiveness , I know I don't deserve your forgiveness nothing can justify the injustice I am going to do to you....but you can trust me I don't regret taking this decision.

Many say I fear nothing, yet the truth is, it's the throne I fear most. Not for the power and authority it bestows, but for its capacity to intoxicate a person and drive them to commit thankless sins...

Queen Mother Magiyarkarasi serves as a prime example. After realizing how her obsession with the throne could lead to sinful actions, I feared becoming like her. She wasn't like this until she ascended to the throne as Queen Mother. It shows that anything is possible.....

I am not as selfless and strong enough as my akka...That's why I took this decision

She brought me here for the people's welfare, and now I am leaving because of the very same people... leaving you alone to confront that which your mother dreads... You were born for this very throne.

Don't worry My Akka would be there to prepare you for this huge responsibility.

Present actions often mirror past events. The wound can be profound when someone is punished for something that wasn't their fault, and if that pain turns to a desire for revenge, it can become perilous.

I'm not sure if this will be helpful to you in the future, but if what I assume has happened, then this might guide you towards solving a complex issue...

I will always love you; you are the most priceless gift I have ever been blessed with.

I will come back... When I return to you, ensure that I do not fear the throne."

Author's note...

Okayyyy...

Seems like Rathanama is not Valliyammai....

Do let me know your thoughts..

I took the liberty of making the letter as scroll as paper didn't exist that time and people used to write it in palm leaves and those letters doesn't have " .  " in it......so adjust with that...

Happy reading 📖📖📖📖📖📖

Thank you ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️