Kidnap

*A month and a half later*

I'm currently 8 and a half months pregnant. Things have been turning around for the better lately. Joseph and I have been speaking again. No he didn't ask me to marry him again. Today I was meeting his mother for the first time. We made a compromise and decided I should meet his mom and his mom only. I still wasn't ready to meet the rest of his family especially his other brothers and father.

 I still wasn't ready to meet the rest of his family especially his other brothers and father

"You look great, I swear Talisua is going to love you. She's the nicest woman you'll ever meet." Takecia bragged putting my hair in a bun. "If this is supposed to help relax my nerves it's not," I informed her. "I'm telling she's not going to judge 'cause I know that's what you thinking so don't try to deny it." I closed mouth not having the strength to argue with her.

"Is she coming here or are you going to her?" Takecia asked. "She's coming here." Malo came waddling into the room so I picked him up and put him in my lap. "You look great." She said brushing my edges back. "Mhm." She got down on one knee and took Malo out of my lap. "You're nervous aren't you?" I slowly nodded looking down.

"It's okay to be nervous. You'll be fine trust me. Talisua could be that mother figure you've been needing all these years since your mom passed away." I looked her in the eyes before I heard another voice. "Jade she's here!" I let out a sigh before getting up. "Go down there and be yourself and also honest." T said handing me Malo who clung onto me.

I nodded before walking out of the room. I walked carefully down the stairs before going to the living room. "Hi." I murmured. His mom turned around with a smile on her a face.

"Nana!" Malo extended his arms as I gave Malo to Talisua

"Nana!" Malo extended his arms as I gave Malo to Talisua. "Hi sweet pea. You must be Malosi's mom. You're even prettier in person," she said which made me smile. "It's nice to meet you." Joseph lead to me to the couch as we all sat down. "I'm sorry it took so long for me to meet you-"

"You don't have to apologize." She said cutting me off. "I know what you've been through and I'm sorry for all that," she added. I looked over at Joseph knowing he told her everything. "I don't really want to talk about that. Those wounds are still freshly open unfortunately," I explained and she nodded.