𝐭𝐰𝐨 | dreaming

Friday
morning..

________________

I wake up to my alarm that was set for 7am, and start stretching before heading to the bathroom. I've got to start my application for my next units for school, and then make a start on the assignment. I use the toilet, wash my hands and brush my teeth. Heading back to grab my phone from my side table, I swipe through some general unimportant notifications along with some messages from Instagram, Emily, Cece... michalmrazik25... wait, what? I stare at the notification for a few more seconds and read it carefully.

Instagram | 2hrs ago
michalmrazik25: Hey Ellie

My jaw drops to the floor, quite literally falling to my knees beside my bed. WHAT! IS! GOING! ON! "Oh my fucking god, no way!" I exclaimed to myself. After staring at the message for a whole other minute, I tap to open it. "I didn't expect this, what do I even say?!" I ask myself, a million things running through my head at once. I quickly screenshot the message with shaky hands, going straight to my best friend's chat, I send the screenshot.

SNAPCHAT

E 🩵
NHAKRJANERNJHALRE CECE!!!!!
THIS HOCKEY PLAYER REPLIED TO ME!!!! WTF DO I SAY!!!! 😭

C 🩷
Oh my fucking god, no way!!! Girl you have GOT to bag him 🥳🥳
Rooting for you..
Just act calm and make small chat 

...

I exit Snapchat and go back to Instagram, double-tapping his message showing him that I've now read it. I begin typing after a pause to think.

@michalmrazik25
Hey Ellie

@elliekensington
Hello... are you real? am I dreaming?

I probably didn't act as calm as I should've, but how can I not freak out right now. Once I send it, it immediately says 'seen just now' underneath my message. What? Oh my god, he was on the chat waiting for me to respond. My hand comes up to my mouth, covering it as I realise my jaw is still technically on the floor. I cannot believe my eyes.

He replied 6 days later, and by then I had convinced myself that he wasn't going to reply back. How did he see my message? Surely my request would've been lost in the thousands of others that were coming in. I wait anxiously, not moving a muscle, staring at the 'Typing...' message popping up. Okay, at least we're getting another reply. Be calm.

@michalmrazik25
Haha definitely not dreaming, i'm very real.
How are you?

I gasp as I read his message, "No.. fucking.. way." I breathe, finding that I was holding my breath the whole time he was typing. Just keep calm Ellie, he's human too. (somehow)

@elliekensington
holy shit. I'm good now, how are you Michal? 🥰

Instantly 'seen just now' pops up under my message as it gets sent off again, he's literally sitting in our chat still! What is life.

@michalmrazik25
I'm glad you're good now hahah
I'm alright, thank you.
I can see you're from Australia, how is it over there?

@elliekensington
It's morning here in Sydney, so it's
abit cold at the moment... how's the USA?

@michalmrazik25
Nice, I've always wanted to visit Australia..
Maybe you can show me around sometime?
And yes it's cold here as well, not loving it since
I already spend most of my time in an ice arena. 🤣

Is he... flirting? This cannot be real. Why would he be flirting with me out of everyone? A ice hockey player in the AHL? He must be a really good player... and he's talking to me? I pull myself up onto my bed, fully immersed in this conversation now as he is staying consistent with replies. If we keep going like this, how am I meant to focus on anything? I rub my forehead, thinking of a reply.

@elliekensington
I'd love to show you around, I'll show
you anything you would like to see here! 🥰

@michalmrazik25
Well since I can't come over anytime
soon... show me you right now? 😉

I squeal with excitement, "Oh my fucking god, I just woke up! I look like a mess." I run over to my makeup vanity, grabbing my hair brush I quickly run it through my already straight hair, holding a makeup pad and micellar water, quickly rubbing it across my skin to look refreshed. I sit back down on my bed, facing the window of where light is entering from. I open the camera on the chat and pose by resting my elbow on my knee and palm on the side of my face, head resting down on it. I scrunch my nose slightly with a smile and take the photo. Captioning it 'You really caught me at the wrong time.. I only just woke up 15 minutes ago!', acting like I didn't just run to make myself look better and that I woke up like this. I sent it, he opened the photo straight away. I waited anxiously for his reply, will he send a photo of himself back? Will he realise I'm not his type and leave the chat? I overthink every possible outcome, but a photo reply appears under mine.

I wait a minute before opening it, don't want to look too desperate, you know... and I tap to open it. A photo of himself, sitting on a bed, with what appears to be a hotel TV and desk behind him. He captions it with, 'You look lovely, don't stress miss Ellie.' I smile back at the smile he has on his adorable face... perfect hair, eyes, lips... oh my god, this man is not real. Meanwhile, he's here, in my DM's - complimenting ME. My hand goes over my mouth once again, blushing to myself as I keep staring at it. I'm officially the luckiest girl in the world. Should I buy a lottery ticket today? I think I should.

We go on to chat about general things, back and forth constantly. We talk more about Australia, the USA, what his career goals are, what mine are and I even sent him a photo of my dog. I never thought this is what I'd be doing on a random Friday morning. An hour passes, and I need to start my applications soon... 1 more hour. I work out that it would be around 9 pm where he is, so I decide to get the important questions in before he goes to sleep. In another photo of myself, I caption it with 'So, why did you reply to me, Mrázik?' and press send. He doesn't miss a second opening it and replies, 'Saw your pic and if I'm being honest, you look like my future wife.' I gasp again. No, I'm hallucinating. Future wife!? My life flashes before my eyes, these last couple of nights I dreamt of becoming a Hockey wife, attending every game and supporting them, raising our kids and having a pet dog... Did I unintentionally, but intentionally, manifest this?

___________

Oh my, oh my, she got the reply... it all starts from now 😅

Just want to give a heads up also, I apologise in advance if my writing comes across very Australian. I'm not sure if I use words that make sense to me in our general conversations but no sense to you guys. 🤣🥲 I'll try keep in mind that michal is not supposed to sound Aussie like me hahahah

I'm so excited to write about what happens next, eeeek.

KT x