𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞 | meeting you

Connecticut...
________________

On the tarmac... waiting for the seatbelt sign to turn off so I can start getting off this plane and meet Michal.

He's standing right behind those walls and I'm petrified. What if he changes his mind about me? What if he'll hurt me and my feelings during all this? A thousand thoughts flood my head again. Ellie, breathe. He's just as nervous, which is a good sign. I hope he is actually there though.

It was my turn to move into the aisle and start exiting the plane. I exit the door at the front and start making my way up the hallway towards the entrance into the airport. As this is my last stop, I'm having to go through security again and get my tourist visa. I texted Michal that I'm here and to my relief, he said the same. "I'm just outside the departure gate on the left babe, you'll see me and my tall ass lol" I smile, oh my god I can't believe it's finally time. These last 4 days have actually gone so fast.

I make my way through the security and successfully obtain a visa, so I'm technically set to stay here for 6 months before having to leave. This is the part where my stomach is filled with butterflies, knots, flips and all the above. Once I got off the plane, I quickly ran into the bathroom to freshen up, using the toilet and putting my hair in a low, messy, straightened pony since it got knotty from my sleep before. I then quickly brushed my teeth and sprayed some of my travel size YSL black opium perfume along with some deodorant because a girls obviously gotta smell nice for this hockey player... lastly, retouching my face powder and lip balm.

Okay. This is it. Stay calm, Ellie. I can feel my heart beating out my chest, literally. I can see the exit doors of the departure gate. I'm going to pass out, he's right outside there.

I'm one of the 30ish people to exit, walking out and looking straight to my left, I see him. How could I not. He's standing there, arms crossed, legs partly spread in a stance to keep him balanced. As soon as my eyes connect with his, a large smile forms on his face, cheeky almost. He looks me up and down slowly, looking as if he's crazy hungry and could basically pounce on me. I can't help but form the same smile. We are so alike it's not funny.

He looks absolutely hotter in person, more than I ever imagined. I'm in awe at what I'm looking at, this is all a dream. I head towards his direction, dragging my Rimowa suitcase beside me on all 4 wheels, my tote bag sitting on top of it.

I reach 2 meters in front of him, never having broken eye contact the whole time, he uncrosses his arms and opens them. Gesturing me to come in for a hug. My hand comes off my luggage handle causing it to come to a halt right next to his hip, he leans down to wrap his arms around my waist, mine going around his neck as he pulls me up in a strong close hug. I instinctively wrap my legs around his torso to give him better control and he moves his arms from lifting me by my waist to holding the bottom of my thighs.

"Finally," he breathes into my hair and neck, "You have no idea how much I wanted to do this since I met you". He gives my legs a small squeeze, but not letting go. I pull my head from off his shoulder and lean back to face him, "Hi" I breathe out nervously, basically out of breath from all this. My eyes moving rapidly between each of his eyes, studying him up close, his expression, his emotion, his jaw-dropping beauty. "The long distance travel was almost worth it" I finally speak, lifting up the corner of my mouth slightly so he knows i'm joking. He raises his eyebrows at my response, but continues to have a giant smile across his face, letting out a slight chuckle and shaking his head at me. Then he slowly looks down to my lips and back up to my eyes, also studying me up close.

By now, I've probably been wrapped around his body for a good 3 minutes and people are probably watching. I don't fully care about that, and clearly Michal doesn't either - but just to make it less awkward for everyone and the kids around, I let go of his neck and loosen my legs, indicating I want to return to the ground. Seeming I haven't been on it much this past day... not complaining though. He catches on and moves his hands back up to my waist to help me drop down, subtly stroking his hands against my ass on the way.