𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 | who is she?

Saturday..
8:30 pm
_____________

With only half an hour on the clock, it's a tie. It's a real close game, Michal fighting to get the puck to their net viciously. This opposition has strong defenders...

Since last Sunday, Michal and I have been enjoying our time together - going on dates everyday... cooking, showering and laughing together... It's been good, so good that I've forgotten about my life back home. I've barely even touched my phone, and that's rare for me. While Michal was training each morning, I did the house chores and grocery shopping. FaceTiming Cece every chance I get, to talk about each romantic gesture that Michal's done. Cece responding with excitement and also sadness as the guy she was talking to turned out to be a gross person who had multiple other women he was playing. She always reminds me how lucky I am. I try to keep in touch with her more now as she's clearly upset, wanting to come over here to have a girls night. I'd kill to have that right now.

1 minute left to go, Michal gets the winning goal in their net. The fans jump out of their seats after being on the edge of them all night. He throws his hands up in the air and gets down on one knee, gliding along and doing what they call a 'celly '. I stand from my seat, along with Nora who's beside me, smiling ear to ear down at him. I give him a round of applause, the crowd cheering him on and chanting his name. He looks directly at me after high-fiving his team. He winks at me, blowing me a kiss and I shake my head shyly. Some of the girls look back at me, giving me a kind smile as if to say 'that was cute.' I blush, blowing him a kiss back as he keeps eye contact while his teammates crash into him, tapping him on the helmet and praising him. He loves this. This was meant for him.

The siren sounds, the opposition not getting past our defenders, Grayson and Liam. They gave up when it was 5 seconds left, our team and the fans roaring with excitement over the good win. Especially since they lost by one point last night. This was a good way to end the week for Michal and also for me, watching him take in all the support around him. Like I said, the USA just does sports differently, they go all out. The atmosphere in all these games are far more involved than the ones back home. Nora and I wait for everyone to settle down and head out, as we're sat on the back row and the hallway traffic is packed. The boys are still celebrating on the sidelines with their coach and staff, signing merch for fans and taking photos with the ones who paid for the VIP package.

2 minutes pass and we head down the stairs to the locker rooms, Nora telling me all about her business and how I still need to book in. I really must do that next week while Michal's out. At the perfect time, we walk off the last step as Grayson walks out from the corridor, Nora runs up to him and jumps on him like each time, Grayson walking away with her wrapped around him still. I hear him congratulating him, making my heart swell. They're so cute. I walk slowly, looking around and observing everyone greeting their hockey players as each one walks in. I notice a brunette girl I've never seen down here before, she wasn't here last night or any of the other 2 games... I wonder who she is here for. I come to a stop in the middle of the hallway behind the group of girls waiting on both sides of the entrance, Michal's always the last one in so it'll be free of people once he walks through. Another 2 minutes pass and the girls have trickled out with their hockey players, leaving the arena once the men change and pack up. The brunette girl is still standing there though, with a soft smile that looks eager to see whoever she's waiting for. She waits directly across from the entrance, leaning against the wall and fiddling with her Cartier bracelets. I stop wondering who she's here for when she starts jogging up to the entrance, arms and mouth open wide, jumping up onto the 6'4 hockey player and wrapping her legs and arms around him. My 6'4 hockey player. Confusion, disgust, anger and pain. That's all that floods through me. What? Who is this? Is that Bella? I knew she looked familiar. She wasn't waiting for another man, she was waiting for my man. Why? Did Michal lie? This can't be happening right now. I watch Michal's face as she ran up and jumped on him, he looked just as confused as me. He didn't invite her in by opening his arms like she did, instead he stepped back but not far enough. Standing completely still and not touching her. He knows I'm watching, making him search frantically around for me over her shoulder, spotting me and looking at me with such panic - you'd think he saw a ghost. He shoves her down by pulling her arms off him, then pushing her down by her waist, causing her to drop to her feet and sheepishly look up at him. He breaks eye contact with me, knowing my mad facial expression is earning him a huge explanation. It makes him mad as well, even worse then me maybe. He looks down at her with anger and disgust, "What the fuck are you doing here?" He spits, holding his gloved hand in between them with his hockey stick, keeping her back.