Stress-Induced Fevers

Wilbur is still tucked into Tommy's makeshift nest when the phantom hybrid blinks his eyes open the following morning. Grayed light that screams of rain is filtering through his curtains, and he stretches as much as he can with the teen still tucked against his side.

For a moment, he allows himself to look down at the golden haired boy with a gentle smile and brushes a bit of hair away from his forehead. Tommy makes a noise of complaint in return and shifts closer, pressing his face a bit more firmly into Wilbur's shoulder and dragging his wings up to try and cover him; although he's far too deep in sleep to really do much more than kinda droop them across his knees. But he still laughs a little at the sight. Gods, he's just like Phil.

Gently, Wilbur shakes his shoulder. "Toms." He whispers, and he sucks in a quiet breath as he wakes up. "Hey, wakey-wakey."

Tommy grumbles and hisses at him, but it sounds more disgruntled than actually angry; and he snorts. "C'mon. Up and at 'em, sunshine. We need to get some breakfast." He brushes more hair off his forehead. "How're you-" He stops, furrows his eyebrows, and touches Tommy's forehead again with the back of his palm.

Uh oh.

"Huh." He says, kinda dumbly and presses the back of his other hand to his forehead just to double check and- Yep. Alright then. "Well that's not good."

Pulling his arm off Tommy's back and standing up earns him a stern whine from the avian, but Wilbur rolls his shoulders to stave off his own instincts screaming at him to go back. "I know Toms- but you're ok. You've got a fever; I've just gotta grab you some medicine from Lotus."

An eye cracks open and glares at him with as much anger as someone that deep in their instincts can manage. It's the same as yesterday, if not a little worse. Big, dark pupils nearly swallowing up the blue in his eyes. But this time, there's also the hazy sheen of a fever draped over his eyes. Yeah, he needs medicine asap.

Tommy hisses at him, reaching out and making grabby-hands at him to drag him back down. But Wilbur steps out of reach with an apologetic smile. "I'll be back soon. Just wait here, ok? Can you do that for-"

He cuts himself off when Tommy's expression falls into something almost panicked. Like Wilbur stepping out for a few minutes would be the end of the world. It would've been a little heart-warming to know that Tommy cared about him that much if it also wasn't so..Concerning. Someone telling him they'll be right back when he's sick should not have him reacting like that.

He was so shocked that he just blinked dumbly at the kid as he shakily fumbled with the blankets, kicking the nest apart. He only moved when the avian practically fell off the couch and towards Wilbur- chirping desperately for him.

Wilbur rushed forward to meet him half-way; catching him before he could hit the ground and tugging him to his fee. "H-Hey, it's alright. I'm still here. You're ok." He murmured, running a hand through his curls as Tommy clung to him like he'd disappear if he let go. He started to shake now that he was out from under the blankets, and Wilbur winced at the sheer amount of heat radiating off the kid as he buried his face into his shoulder.

Gods, he was way too warm.

"Ok, ok.." He soothed, wrapping his arms around Tommy to try and soak up some of the heat- That's supposed to help, right? -as the teen sniffled into his shirt. "How 'bout I call Peleus, yeah? He can bring some medicine for you."