A Songbird Raised By A Raptor

CW!! PLEASE READ;
Intentional AND Unintentional child neglect, emotional neglect, and abuse. Minor descriptions and depictions of throwing up and dislocated limbs; as well as over-all aches and pains.

---

When Tommy steps out of the shower after washing the grime of sickness off his skin; he was a little surprised to open his phone and find several unread texts and a missed call from Wilbur.

There was no voicemail, but the texts said he left the milkshake in the fridge for whenever he wanted it. A small smile crept up onto his face as he scrolled through the messages, sitting down slowly on his bed as he read through his friends messages. Most of them looked like they were sent within seconds of each other, yet somehow had perfect spelling and punctuation.

The first few were about the milkshake, then those were followed up with "Make sure you get plenty of rest." and "I left the bottle of Ibuprofen on the counter so take some if you start feeling sick again." which was the latest message sent a minute ago.

Then as if on cue, another message buzzed through, and he smiled as he read the newest message.

Wilbur, 4:52 pm

>>If you start feeling sick again, call me, ok?

>will do

He snorted when the typing dots appeared almost immediately, and watched as Wilbur sent a photo through. Then he burst out laughing when he saw the photo was of a raccoon eating a bagel. He saves the photo to his phone and makes it his background, then goes back to his messages to respond- but freezes when he sees the other messages waiting for him.

There are several unread messages from various different numbers; but Tommy knows they're all fake. He can't see what they say aside from the quick 3 word preview on the organization screen, but he knows if he opened all those messages, they'd be signed off with R.

And he..Should probably do that, right? He still technically has a job to do, even if he's not sure what he wants right now..So he should open those messages and call Raptor to see what his next assignment is.

But..He doesn't have to do that right now.

Hesitantly- like he's paranoid Raptor will know he's intentionally ignoring his messages -Tommy clicks his phone off and sets it face-down on his nightstand.

He'll just..Get to that later.

But that means he needs something else to do.

Maybe he and his roommates could watch a movie? Ranboo mentioned the other day he's been wanting to watch a documentary on bats, so maybe they could do that?

But when he pokes his head out of his room to see if said roommates are home, all he finds is a bottle of mead on the counter next to a jar of cherries and a pretty big jar of honey. Maybe he should've noticed that when he first came in- but it's not his fault. He was a bit preoccupied trying to shake the faces of Warden and Lotus from his mind.