When Does The Reason Become The Blame?

"Mockingbird!!" Techno shouts from somewhere behind him; but Tommy doesn't stop. He can't. If he does, he'll be arrested. And yeah; maybe he was fine with that when he asked The Blue Fairy to get the heroes. But that was before the power suppressants wore off.

It was before he realized he could get out on his own.

He's not sure where he's supposed to go now- he just needs to get away from Techno.

Prime..Just the fact that he has to run away from the person he saw as a brother sends a wave of nausea through him. He hates this. He doesn't want to run from him but he has to. If he doesn't, Techno will arrest him. And he can't rot away in Pandora. Even if that would be better for everyone.

"Tom- Mockingbird, please-! " Techno calls, and Tommy nearly trips over his own feet at the correction.

It's worse than he thought. Sure, he knew things were bad- but Techno won't even call him by his name. Like he doesn't want to give Tommy the respect of being a person. Like all he sees is the thing that betrayed him. The mimic that wormed its way in and pretended to be a brother.

Prime, he doesn't even know if Wilbur or Techno felt the same about him. He thinks Wilbur might've. But Phil apparently never saw him like that in the first place if what he said was anything to go by.

Furious, white-hot anger flashing in icey eyes. How could you? We trusted you. Why would we want a parasite-

With stinging eyes; Tommy grabs a lamppost to swing himself sharply into an alleyway and keep running. He uses his powers a split second later to throw the dumpster into the entrance, but he doesn't turn back.

He hears Techno run into it with a dull thud; but it doesn't seem to slow him down any. Tommy can hear him run around it and resume his chase.

Tommy rounds a corner, hoping it lets him out onto another street but-

He pulls up short in the middle of a small courtyard when he realizes he's trapped. Caged in by the towering back walls of apartment buildings with the only exits being back the way he came; or up one of the fire escapes.

Before he can even think about which one he'd rather do; Techno is barrelling into the courtyard behind him.

The pavement cracks around Tommy's feet at the fear that rockets through him, and he whips around to face the hero as chunks fly up to create a protective ring around him.

Techno doesn't move from the mouth of the alley. His chest is heaving from the chase and his hands are clenched into fists like he wants to hit someone something. But he doesn't move towards Tommy. Just stands there staring at him from behind the vultures skull like he's trying to figure out what to do.

Fuck, he needs to get out of here before Techno makes up his mind.

Quickly, Tommy glances around and decides he'd be better on top of a building. He could glide down to another rooftop to escape since Techno wouldn't be able to follow him.