Not A Light, Not A Sound

!!CW WARNING PLEASE READ!!
Mentions and depictions of blood and injury, choking, and cracking bone.

---

Tommy stares at the door to his apartment with anxiety clawing at his throat. He digs his fingers into Steve's fur to try and calm down, and it helps a little. Helps keep him grounded to reality; but it does nothing to calm the storm raging in his head.

He really doesn't want to do this. He felt sort-of ok going in and apologizing to Ranboo- but he can hear Spots walking around inside. Meaning Tubbo is home, too. Which he supposes makes sense. If he were Ranboo; he would've called Tubbo to come home too.

But with him being home..Tommy's more than a little nervous, to say the least.

Whenever Raptor got angry at him, he'd yell and curse and throw his arms around until he sent Tommy to his room; and he'd sit there for the rest of the day until someone came and got him for dinner. Raptor would usually be calmed down by then, and things would go back to normal.

One time, Tommy made him so mad that he punched a hole clean through a door. He'd calmed down very quickly after that, and they'd spent the evening fixing it together in a painful silence. But Tommy learned to make sure to never be close when he got that angry.

But..This isn't Raptor. This is Tubbo and Ranboo. He literally can't imagine Ranboo shouting about anything. The loudest he's ever been is when Tubbo scared him on his first day here- and even then that wasn't too loud. Hell, he's heard Tubbo get louder when he loses at Mario Kart.

Oh Prime, what's Tubbo gonna do?

He's already got stupid strong fire powers and has nearly set one of Ranboo's house plants on fire when he got angry at a character in a tv show- so what's he gonna be like now?? Should he have the fire department on speed-dial?

He wouldn't blame him, of course. Tommy would never blame either of them for their reactions. Quite frankly, he deserves every ounce of poison that's gonna come out of Tubbo's mouth for what he did to Ranboo this morning. For what he said to him. How he screamed at him.

It'll be terrifying; but he can handle it. He's dealt with this before.

And if all it takes to be forgiven is to have someone scream at him or hit a wall or set something on fire- he's gonna do it.

And that thought nearly doubles his anxiety, honestly. The knowledge that he'd let Tubbo and Ranboo scream and curse him out or whatever they wanted to do. He'd literally let them hit him if it meant it'd fix what he did. If it meant things would go back to normal

He takes a deep breath, smoothes his hand out over Steve's fur, and shakily steps into the apartment.

Instantly, the hushed conversation coming from the living room goes dead silent; and Tommy grimaces at the ringing silence as he quietly clicks the front door closed. He shuffles around and takes his shoes off; but stops when Spots starts whimpering.