I Think You're So Good (And I'm Nothing Like You)

When Tommy blinks bleary, dry eyes at the warm off-white ceiling above him; it takes him a long, long moment to process where he is.

The walls are a warm, light gray; and there're bright, cheerful yellow curtains covering a window off to the side. There's a bedside table nearby with a vase full of puffy purple flowers with little yellow ones dotted around as well. But what really catches his attention is the IV tube connected to his elbow.

He recognizes that he's in a hospital easily enough, but he doesn't recognize what hospital he's in. It's clearly not the one at the Hero Tower that he was in the last time. So where is he?

He reaches up to scrub his hands down his face, but pauses when his fingers meet cloth. Which..That's odd, isn't it? Why would he need to be wearing his mask still? That doesn't make any sense unless he was at a civilian hospital?

But- That can't be right either? Why would he end up at a civilian hospital if he got hurt out on patrol? Wouldn't Lotus just take him back to the tower? That's what they did when they pulled him out of the wreckage of the News Tower. But he doesn't really remember anything serious happening while out on patrol; so why would he be here? And why is it bad enough to require an IV? So he starts taking inventory.

His wings feel fine. They're not bound to his back like last time- so that shouldn't be the issue. He still has both his legs and can wiggle his toes just fine. His hands are wrapped in bandages, but he can still move them and flex his fingers- albeit weakly. So maybe it's internal?

Just as the thought occurs to him, he realizes that his head is throbbing, but it's distant. Like someone threw up a wall of cotton around it so that he could still feel the thump of the pain; but it doesn't actually register. It's an odd sensation that leaves him more than a little confused.

But the more he focuses on the dulled thudding in the back of his head, the more he realizes something's..Missing. But no, it's not a what. It's a who. Someone..Needs help? He remembers something went wrong while on patrol; but he doesn't remember what.

Prime, he's too tired to think about this, right now.

Tommy lolls his head to the side to look for the door to maybe try and get a clue of which hospital he's at- when he stops at the sheer amount of flowers and little gift boxes left on that bedside table and scattered along the wall and floor. There are miscellaneous bouquets, single flowers, little boxes, stuffed animals and dozens of cards with different birds on them. A couple of the cards looked hand-drawn as well, and some of the plushies looked like they were crocheted.

The closest item to him was a ball of yarn with crochet hooks sticking out of it, and a card laying under it.

He picked up the card and opened it up just out of curiosity. On the left side was instructions of how to crochet a beanie; and on the right was a hand-written note from someone he didn't recognize.

Hope you, Peleus and Erebus feel better soon, Mockingbird!

I sent some crochet supplies in case you got bored in the hospital. :)