⁶ˣ¹⁹. ˢʸᵐᵖᵃᵗʰʸ ᶠᵒʳ ᵗʰᵉ ᵖᵃʳᵉⁿᵗˢ

season six, episode nineteen

"cappuccino," alison said when going towards the cart, "cappuccino," the barista said when alison looked at mark, "so? how'd the date go with teddy?" she asked her friend, "i don't know if i'd call it a date, doesn't going on a date imply actually...

"cappuccino," alison said when going towards the cart, "cappuccino," the barista said when alison looked at mark, "so? how'd the date go with teddy?" she asked her friend, "i don't know if i'd call it a date, doesn't going on a date imply actually going somewhere?"

he then said as alison gave him a look, "oh, shut up, you had sex?" she said when the man drank his coffee when arizona came towards them, "hey, guys!"

"hey!"

the tension between them two was awkward even though the two girlfriends smiled at one another, "oh, pound cake," arizona said when seeing the small buttery pound cake, "i love pound cake, rich, buttery pound cake," she said handing money over to the barista.

"yum, pound cake," mark looked in between the two of them with a look, "want some?" the pediatric attending questioned as alison shook her head, "i'm good, thank you,"

the attending them walked off as mark leaned in close, "so, what exactly constitutes a pound cake?" the man questioned, "it's a yellow cake," she said to mark who looked back at her, "there you go," the barista said handing alison her cup of coffee.

mark looked at her, "come on, it's code for something dirty, right? like you eat her pound cake, she eats your pound cake—" alison shook her head at his dirty talking, "no," she admitted, "oh, please, tell me it's dirty, because, otherwise, that was the most boring conversation i've ever been part of,"

the surgeon sighed, "we are talking about a pound cake because i want a kid and she doesn't," she then admitted to mark as they started walking, "and we're not talking about that,"

"how long are you two not gonna have that conversation? a year? two years? five?" he questioned his best friend, "wow—" she let out a breath, "you and teddy ate pound cake together?" she then said.

mark kept his head forwards, "you're changing the subject," he said, "you like how i did that? so how was it?" she questioned with a smile, "mind blowing," the plastic surgeon said, "i pounded her cake, she pounded mine," the orthopaedic surgeon chuckled, "excellent pound-caking," he then said.

"pound-caking is not a thing," she told her friend sipping on her cappuccino, "whatever, i blew her mind," the orthopaedic surgeon chuckled at his comment.

____

the orthopaedic surgeon rushed out of the emergency doors with her trauma gown around her with rubber gloves placed on her hands, "what do we got?" she questioned when coming towards owen, "a cop with multiple gsws,"

"how many cops did you say?" callie questioned her superior, "just the one," owen then stated as the surgeons all went to the officer's ambulance, "officer gina thompson, thirty-four, gsws to the hip and chest," the paramedic said to them.