Chapter 5

As the days went on Abby became more and more depressed, she would stay in bed and eat bad take out food.

She didn't wanna go outside for fear of running into Jackson, he hasn't been by to pick up his stuff which now sits in the garage in boxes.

Some nights she would lie in bed and just stare at the ceiling wondering what happened, what could she have done to keep her husband faithful to her and only her.

Whenever she would close her eyes all she could see and hear was Jackson and that red headed whore.

Most nights she would sit up and look at her wedding pictures, other nights she would cry until she had no more tears left to cry.

One afternoon at the office Liza was on a zoom call when Chris came in for a visit and to drop off some paperwork he had signed for an upcoming movie.

"Yeah Barbara, I'll see what I can do." Liza said looking up seeing Chris at her door, she motioned for him to come in. "Ok I'll call you soon, bye. Hello handsome, what brings you by." Liza said, hanging up the phone.

"Just came by to drop off the paperwork you had me sign." Chris said, handing Liza the papers.

"Thanks.." she said

"So where's Abby? I didn't see her at her desk when i came in." he asked.

"I've been out of the office for a couple days, I think she called out sick." Liza said, picking up her phone and calling Abby's number.

Hey this is Abigail Kennedy, I'm not near my phone or I'm in a meeting so just leave me a message and I'll get back to you ASAP.

"Hey Abby, it's Liza just calling to see if your ok, give me a call when you can." Liza said

Liza hung up and had a concerned look on her face.

"Liza what's wrong." Chris asked.

"I'm not sure but this isn't like Abby to not call in." Liza said

She headed out to the other area of the office and talked to one of the other assistants.

"Lori, have you heard from Abby at all since I've been gone." Liza asked

"Now that you mentioned it she did call in last week and said she was taking a leave for personal reasons." Lori said

"Personal reasons, that's all she said." Liza asked

"Yeah." Lori said

Liza was worried.

"Liza you've got that worried look what's wrong." Chris asked.

"Lori said Abby took some time off for personal reasons, i know she wasn't feeling well before I left but i haven't talked to her since she went home sick." Liza said

"Well I'm headed over to see my mom. I'll stop by Abby's house and check in on her." Chris said

"Alright, call me please." Liza said

Chris nodded and headed out, he got into his car and drove over to Abby's place.

Over at Abby's she was sitting in the living room in her bathrobe on the couch just like all the other days and nights since her marriage fell apart.

She was just staring into space when there was a knock on her door, she went to answer it and saw who was standing there, it was Jackson.

"Finally come to get your stuff." she said

"No, I came to try and talk some sense into you, what is this?" He said holding up an envelope.

"Your a lawyer, you should know." Abby said crossing her arms standing in the doorway