Chapter 6

6 months later.

It's been 6 months since Abby found out she was pregnant and that her husband had been sleeping with his secretary for 2 years.

She was still in disbelief that things had gone downhill so fast.

Jackson was still refusing to sign the divorce papers, Abby had her lawyer contact him constantly and had gotten nowhere, she was beginning to think that Jackson would never set her free.

And if Jackson ever found out about the baby that would just drive him more to keep Abby around while he sowed his wild oats.

As for Jackson's family they had all but blamed Abby for the split, saying that she was pressuring him to slow down causing him to slip and sleep with another woman.

It didn't surprise her when she would see them on the street and they would literally turn around and walk the other way to avoid her.

One day at work Abby was on the phone when she got a text from her doctor letting her know about her 6 month check up.

After she was done with her call she headed into Liza's office.

"Hey sweetie you ok." Liza said

"Yeah I'm fine, i just want to let you know I'm heading out for the day i have my 6 month check up." Abby said

"Sure, take the rest of the day off and call me if you need the next day to." Liza said

"Thanks." she said

Liza had been so amazing, Abby had told Liza everything that had happened and she has been so supportive with everything.

As Abby was leaving the office my phone started to ring. When she looked at the caller ID and saw it was Chris she smiled.

Chris has been her rock ever since she told him about the baby, he's taken her to almost all her appointments, sometimes late at night when she can't sleep he would stay up and talk to her till she felt sleepy.

He was calling to remind her about her check-up.

"Hey gorgeous." he said

"Well hey yourself, what's up." she said

"Just wanted to let you know that I just finished up my meetings and I'm heading to your doctor's office. How far are you." he asked.

"Well I just got in my car and I'll be there in 5 minutes." she said

"Great, I'll see ya their." he said

"Yep I'll see ya soon." she said

After she hung up with Chris she smiled to herself, she was so happy that her and Chris had this budding friendship, it made her feel special and wanted.

5 minutes later and Abby was pulling into her doctor's office parking lot, she saw Chris's car. She couldn't explain it but when she saw him getting out she felt butterflies flutter in her tummy, it was either that or the baby.

She chalked it up to the baby.

A little while later Abby was sitting on the table waiting for her doctor to come in.

"So have you thought of any names yet." Chris asked.

"Well i was thinking if it's a boy maybe Jonathan or Steven, if it's a girl Morgan or i don't know Bonnie." she said

"Bonnie, I like that. It's cute." he said

Chris smiled and once again she felt those butterflies fluttering around.

Just then Dr Monroe came into the room.

"Hey Abby how ya feeling."

"I'm good Dr Monroe." she said