Chapter 14

(Hey all, just wanted to give you a heads up, I've been getting some major writers block and well i don't know how to unblock it. so forgive me when i don't update this much I'm writing on my phone or iPad when i get an inspiration. So please bare with me. I hope you enjoy this chapter)

Driving to the ER Chris kept looking over at Abby, she was staring straight ahead and he could see the pain and worry on her face.

They pulled into the ER parking lot, Chris got out and got Hope from her car seat, and when he looked at her she looked pale. Abby grabbed her diaper bag and they both rushed into the ER.

"Can I help you?" A nurse asked.

"My daughter's been sick for a couple days, she's running a fever and she feels clammy and she's pale." Chris said.

The nurse took hope for Chris, and checked hope.

"Ok let's get her into exam room 3, nurse page Dr Lewis. You guys can follow me." The nurse said.

Abby and Chris followed the nurse back and watched them place hope on the table and begin to examine her.

"Ok little lass what seems to be the problem." the nurse said.

After the nurse checked hope out the doctor came in.

"Hey guys I'm Dr Lewis. Nurse, what do we have here." Dr Lewis asked.

"Female 7 months old, fever 101.2, slightly dehydrated." The nurse

"Ok, and what is your name, pretty one." Dr Lewis said

"Hope, her name's hope. Is she gonna be ok?" Abby said

"How long has she been feeling bad? Oh I know you don't don't feel well huh hope." He said trying to get a fussy hope calmed down.

"A couple days, she had a fever of 99.9, so I gave her a cool bath and some baby tylenol. She was fine but then she wouldn't eat or sleep." Abby said.

Chris put his hand on her shoulders when she started getting upset.

"Don't worry momma, it's probably just a little cold, nurse lets run all the pediatric tests, we should know more soon, for now why don't you guys head out to the waiting room while we take her up to get those tests run." Dr Lewis said

"Thanks doc. Come on Abby." Chris said.

Abby gave Hope a kiss.

"I'll see you soon baby girl. Mommy loves you." Abby said

Chris did the same.

"Bye little miss." Chris said, also giving her a kiss.

Chris and Abby headed out into the waiting area, Abby sat down and Chris sat down next to.

Chris watched Abby rub her hands on her face. She was worried and Chris didn't know how to help her, so he placed his hand on her back and rubbed it.

"Why didn't I bring her in sooner, why didn't I call Dr Monroe when she had a fever, if I had just got her to the doctors sooner." Abby said

"Hey you couldn't have known she would get this sick, you did everything you could." Chris said

All Abby could do was cry. Chris put his arm around her and comforted her the best he could.

As the time passed Abby got more and more nervous, she started pacing the floor, when she stopped pacing she looked at the clock and it seemed like time was standing still.

"When are we gonna hear something? It feels like it's been forever since they took her to run test." Abby said

"Abby, come on, sit down." Chris said, leading her back to the sofa.