Act 21: Usagi Doubts her Decision

Usagi's adventures on Kinmoku continues and it isn't quite the escape she was looking for.

Usagi wears a bright pink dress as she sat down for lunch.

Her thoughts shifted back to this morning. Once Sailor Star Destroyer burst into her room earlier she was wide awake. She sat up and stretches.

After he talked to Shiori in the hallway, Seiya returned back into the room to check on her. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah..." Usagi said as unties her hair to flow down her back. It is a mess and she will have to retie them. "Shiori-san.... is very passionate about being a senshi." She tries to be diplomatic in her approach which was a switch for her.

Seiya couldn't help but notice how different Usagi had become since she awakened as Sailor Cosmos. She is more mature yet seems to lack even more self confidence in her abilities. She is terrified she will hurt someone again. He smiles, "that is one way to word it. She's like the older annoying sister I never had." He sits down next to her again. "Were you able to sleep okay?"

"Yes... thank you for staying here last night..." Usagi said as she fumbles with her fingers. It still feels weird to talk to Seiya so candid about her feelings.

"I better go before she comes back," Seiya said with a wink. "I'll see you a little later."

The smell of food snaps her back to the present. Usagi tries to hide a yawn behind her hand.

Princess Kakyuu noticed Usagi's exhaustion, "perhaps your training should be delayed until tomorrow. I know you had some difficulties this morning and I'm sure your body is still adjusting to your new abilities. When a person's powers as a senshi are first awaken it is very taxing." She said with a reassuring smile. "I think tomorrow I will train you myself on some of your healing abilities."

"You are training her yourself Princess?" Shiori questions from the end of the table. Next to her sit her fellow in senshi in training, Yuna and Sakura.

"Of course, it is my specialty. It is something I know Sailor Galaxia cannot teach," explains Princess Kakyuu as she picks up her fork. Another thought occurs to her. She turns to face Taiki, Yaten and Seiya before she continues, "after lunch I think it would be wonderful if you took Usagi-san into the city to be able to experience like outside of the palace. Consider it culture training. I'm sure a day of relaxation will help you be rested and prepared for tomorrow."

Yaten is not thrilled at the thought of keeping an eye on Usagi but she is an honored guest on their planet. He formulates a plan to try to get out of his new responsibility, "but if we are off grounds who will be here to protect you?"

Princess Kakyuu laughs, "you know I'm not helpless!" She looks over the three women at the end of the table. "It could also be good practice for the Stars."

Yaten hangs his head slightly at her comments. He's stuck.

Princess Kakyuu sensed his hurt reaction and added, "The three of you need rest after the past month. I want the three, or rather four of you to enjoy yourselves. When is the last time the three" she gestures to Seiya, Taiki, and Yaten, "have been able to spend time together not associated with a mission?"

"I see your point," said Taiki as he considers her response, "I can't recall."

Princess Kakyuu moves some of her salad around with a fork, "it's settled then. Let's eat."