Act 53: When the Light is Extinguished

"I don't know where the Starlight are." Minako answered Yui's question for the umpteenth time.

Yui tried to find them yesterday but was unsuccessful. She hated the idea they could be crucial to stopping Chaos.

Minako continues, "They weren't exactly treated the best the last time they were here." She looks over at Makoto or Rei for assistance to emphasize her point.

"We all have a lot to adjust to," Rei adds without elaborating. She is thinking more about the conversation she had with Mamoru yesterday than the location of the Three Lights. "Everyone was thrown into this at once without warning, some cope better than others."

Ami looks up from the minicomputer she has been on all morning. "How can Chaos be separated from a starseed when someone loses a starseed they disappear? Chibi Chibi was Sailor Galaxia's starseed, wasn't she?"

"The Starlights might know." Minako adds with a shrug.

Makoto looks at Ami, Rei, and Minako before speaking. "We have to move quickly, Chaos is collecting more starseeds every day. We don't have time to waste. I think it is time we start searching the city for them."

"You know them best," Yui adds trying to find a way out of looking for the Starlight again. "I'll stay behind and help Setsuna-san."

"Probably for the best," Rei retorts without thinking. "I mean, I don't think we all need to search for them. I'm sure Setsuna-san would appreciate the help."

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

Yaten is annoyed while he lies on the floor of the hotel room. They have barely done anything in twenty four hours other than find this hotel room, buy, and eat food. "I thought we would have received some kind of follow up instructions from the Princess by now." He jerks upright. "You don't think..."

Seiya interrupts. "It's safer for the Princess to not be here. Chaos would target her just like last time."

"But we might need her power to stop Chaos." Taiki adds glumly.

"Sailor Planet Attack!" All of the energy the four Inner Senshi built up and was released against the Sailor Starlights.

The Starlights quickly collected energy to try to block the senshi and Sailor Kakyuu added her own power but the Inner senshi were too powerful when their abilities were amplified by Chaos. The four were thrown back beaten up. The senshi slowly walked toward them.

Sailor Mars raised her wrists and bursts of golden energy erupted from the purple and green jewels. Nobody said anything. The Starlights saw everything occur in slow motion as they tried to move in front of their Princess to protect her.

Sailor Kakyuu raised her rod to try to shield her but she was not quick enough. As soon as the blasts hit her she dropped her rod on the floor. It took only seconds for her starseed to appear. It floated by her for a few seconds before it began to drift away.

"No..." said Sailor Star Healer as she finally found her voice again. Tears streamed down her face at the thought of her Princess disappearing again right before her eyes.

Sailor Maker turned away since the scene was too difficult for her to watch.

Sailor Star Fighter slowly made her way to Sailor Kakyuu as her body was quickly fading. She reached Sailor Kakyuu first. Sailor Star Healer and Sailor Star Maker were not far behind.

"Remember everything we discussed..." said Sailor Kakyuu as she struggled to breathe. She could feel her life slipping away from her as each second ticked by. She turned her head slightly to face Sailor Star Fighter before she spoke. "Fighter, you have to help Sailor Moon. You've started to give up and if you give up this galaxy will cease to exist. This planet will turn into what Kinmoku once was..." she gasped as her eyes closed one final time. Her body faded seconds later.