Chapter 15

Author's POV

Inside a dense forest, two horses were moving carrying their riders.... No one spoke and the night sounds of the forest is actually scary but those two doesn't seem like they are scared of it...

It's 16 year old Udaiyar and 10 year old RathnamaDevi.... They are getting married in a week.....

They are not supposed to see each other before marriage but the crown prince couldn't be at peace when he got to know from her sister that his Udaiyaal was sad from the moment they said they were getting married.... Exactly a day before....

That's why he hides from the soldiers who were guarding the chamber and reaches her room and takes her from the palace silently without anyone's knowledge...

Neither he said where he was taking her nor she asked him that question....

The crown prince broke the silence...

"Aren't you scared Rathnama? "

She looked at him sideways... Their horses Salavan and Sambavan walk at same pace slowly beside each other so their owners can talk with each other  .

"What should I Scared of Udaiyare.... When you are with me no one can even think of harming me "

She said that made him laugh with pride...

"Do you need me to protect you Rathnama? "

He again questioned her...

"I do know how to protect myself Udaiyare..... And I get 10 times more confidence and power when you are with me.... I know you surely protect me no matter what "

"That's true though........ "

Again there was a silence....

"Rathnama you know right.... I  would always support you when you have valid reason"

He asked her... She nodded her head positively which gave him assurity that he could ask the next question.

"Don't you like this marriage Udaiyaal"

He asked her... That shocked her... She didn't answer and drop her head down..he understood the answer... He took a deep breath...... He was hurt but he had to know her reason for that...

"So you don't want to marry me? "

He asked her slowly and stopped his horse Salavan..by her order sambavan aslo came to  halt....

He got down from the horse and helped her to get down too... They started walking and their horses followed them leaving a meter gap...

The crown prince couldn't take the silence more.... He again asked her...

"Why you don't want to marry me Rathnama??? "

She didn't answered again.... She found a big rock in front and sat over it... He didn't said anything and watched her acts... He too went near the rock and stood in front of her....

When she looked up he was shocked to see her shining eyes under the moonlight.... Her eyes were shining due to the teardrops that were threatening to fall...

"Udaiyaal what happened... Why are you tearing up now huh... "

She didn't answer him instead hugged his waist and sobbed..... That pained him more seeing his Udaiyaal crying like that... That to for marrying him....