Chapter 2: Daughters

Ren was now 17.
She was walking through town getting some few things.
Suddenly heard a scream and cries. Ren quickly with her super hearing found the scene.
Her eyes turned red. She ran in front of the little girl before getting hit by a whip on her back. Ren wince. "Who do you think you are?!" Male yells getting ready to hit Ren. Ren stays standing still. "Someone important " Dean appears. Looking angry. Ren looks up in relief that she got followed. The male being drunk didn't care. Goes to hit Ren with the whip. Dean quickly blocks it with his arms. Before tackling the guy to the ground. Putting handcuffs on him. Ren smiles grateful. She kneels by the child. "Hey .. what's your name sweetie?" She asks. The girl shook her head. "None.. " she whispers. "Parents..?" Ren frowns. "T-They sold me to him.." she points a shaky finger towards the drunk guy. Ren growls. Then stops seeing it's frightening the little girl. "Well in this country it's not allowed. Come with me. I'll take care of you. " Ren smiles softly. The girl hesitates before reaching up for her. Ren picks her up. Seeing how very light she is for a kid. Dean had other few guards with him as they took the guy. Dean looks at Ren. "Lets go home " she whispers knowing Dean is furious she got hurt. Once at home. Dean told her parents what happened. Quickly the mother of Ren. Took the little girl and went to clean her up before getting her food. Ren thanked her mother before going to her room. She was about to close the door when someone stopped it. Dean opens the door and walks in before closing it. Ren looks down. "I know I know it was-" she was cut off when he hugged her. Being careful of her back. "D-Dean?" She whispers. He pulls away. "How's your arm?" She asks looking. "Fine..let me see your back.." he whispers worriedly. Turns her around. "I-im fine " she says quietly. Then does a tiny eep when he pulls her shirt up. Ren jumps slightly hearing him growl loud. He lets go and goes to her room phone. Calls someone. "It's Beta Dean... I need a nurse to tend to Miss Ren Wound, please. Thanks " he hangs up. Minute later. A nurse knocks and runs inside. Dean got shooed out by the nurse. Ren's face was slightly red from his actions. "Oh dear. You coming down with a fever too?" Nurse asked. "N-no I'm fine honest" Ren smiles small. Then wince when the nurse started applying ointment on her back. Her shirt is fully off.
Then they wrapped a bandage over her wound. "There. Now be careful sleeping on ya back. And it will sting for some time. " Nurse explains. Ren nods small. "Thank you Nurse Jen" she whispers. The nurse left. Leaving Ren lost in her thoughts. She lays in bed. Curled up. Till she sniffs someone enters her room. Noises were heard and the door closed. The bed moved. Ren looks back and sighs in relief seeing it is just the little girl. "Why hello sunshine" she whispers. The girl nods looking tired. "Get some sleep hun.. hmm.. " she thinks of a name. "Do you like.. Makayla?" She asks. The girl's eyes shine and nods. Ren giggles. "Makayla it is. " she whispers. They drift to sleep.
Year later. It was Ren's 18th birthday. She waited so long for her fated mate. But what made her more excited was being considered an adult.
Ren snuck out letting her mom watch over Makayla.
Not noticing a weird aroma in the clan wing.
Ren goes to town for a new dress. She was just about to enter the store when someone ran past her and took her purse. "Hey!" She growls and runs after the person. Easily catching up with her super speed. Ren follows them into an alley. "Stop!" She demands grabbing their arm. The girl tries slashing her with a blade. Ren dodges and pulls the girl's arm back. Making her drop it. "Now. Wanna do this easy way or hard way?" Ren raises an eyebrow. "I'm sorry! I need the money for food..please let go..ill give it back.." the girl cries. Ren let's go slowly. And grabs her purse from the girl. The girl looks down sniffing. "Don't you have parents.. who feed you?" Ren asks worried. The girl shook her head. "They passed away long ago" she sighs. "I see .." Ren hesitates knowing she has her adopted daughter Makayla. But one more couldn't hurt to take in. So Makayla has a sister. "Want to be my daughter..um," Ren asks smiling. "Mae.. and really? You'd want a street rat like me?" Mae frowns. "Yes really. " Ren grabs her hand and leads them to the dress shop. "Let's go shopping, shall we? Then we can work on getting you settled in the family. " Ren smiles. They shopped. Ate at the food market. Trying different food on sticks or bowls. Till they got full. Then went home.
Ren explained and introduced Mae to the family. They welcomed her just like Makayla.
Ren looks around not noticing someone. "Where's Dean? I want him to meet Mae so he's familiar with her in the house too. " she asks. "He's training. " her father Dylan said. Ren nods silently.
They all went to get ready for the party.