Chapter 9: The News

It was a scary moment for Ren. She was in the manager's car. On her way back to the inn. "Sweetie.. it'll be ok. I'm sure the father of the child will be happy" They smile assuring. Ren blinks tears. "H-He can't know. He'll think I'm desperate to be with him again.." she whispers. They pull into the parking lot at the Inn. Ren gets out silently. The manager rolled the window of the passenger side down. "Hun. It'll be ok. You got me and Holly at the Inn. " they said. "I keep calling you manager by way.. um. What's your name?" Ren asks trying to change the subject. "It's Alex. Now go get some rest hun. You had a day. I'll see you tomorrow. " Alex says. Ren nods small.  "Thank you.. see you tomorrow " Ren walks to her room. Alex drove off in her red pickup truck. Ren unlocks her door and walks inside. Closes and locks the door. Before looking at her cell phone while sitting on her bed. She saw many missed calls from her mother. She misses her dearly. Not wanting to tell anyone. Ren texts her mother.

Ren: Hey ...
Mom: Hey. I have been wanting to talk to you.
Ren: Ok..
Mom: I wasn't talking bad about you and Dean. I was just worried ok? I know how he is. And also I even spoke about how hurt you were. Or is it still? That's all baby girl.
Ren: Oh.. I'm sorry... I have just been uneasy lately .. you know. fated to be mates by Luna Goddess.. is now never going to happen again.. so I got mad at tiny small things.. I'm sorry mama.. I don't wanna lose my mama ...
Mom: I know. I understand completely.
Ren: Love you mama 😘 ❤
Mom: Love you too my little bunny 🐰 💕  Now.. are you coming back home? Your daughters miss you.
Ren: I.. it be few years mama.. can you make sure they are ok and watched? I'll do video calls for them soon.
Mom: What's going on?
Ren: Nothing... I got to go. Been a long day. I got a job and I'm tired of first-day lol.
Mom: Hmm..ok. Message me or call me later when you can.
Ren: Of course mama. Night.
Mom: Night.

Ren puts her phone on the charger and looks in her suitcase.  Pulls out a big shirt. Tears sting her eyes. It was during one of the intimate moments she had with Dean. And got to wear one of the shirts he had on before it. She puts it hidden deep in the suitcase. Before getting her nightgown. Ren changes into it in the bathroom. Got ready for bed in a few or so minutes. Then climbs into bed. Her hand was unconsciously on her stomach. "I'm pregnant" she whispers to herself. She closes her eyes and drifts into a deep sleep.