Chapter 10: Hunting

A few weeks later. Ren was just leaving work when Alex stopped her. "You said you going to the woods for something right? Be careful. There are rumors of scary creatures around there. " she whispers. Ren tilts her head silently. "I'll be ok." She smiles assuring her friend. Ren waves bye then runs off. Woods not being that far from work. She looks around making sure no one is near. Then turns into her wolf form. She had features like her mother but her eyes when wolf were like her father's and her personality in a way. Lilo her wolf sniffs around before sensing an animal near her. She lowers her body down. Lilo walks slowly to it. Just as she is about to pounce on a deer. A brown wolf tackles her. She yelps and struggles to bite the wolf. But this wolf was quicker. They dodged and growled at Lilo. Lilo growls back. The deer was already gone. Lilo tries backing away to run. But suddenly she was surrounded. A tall scary scary-looking male appeared from the pack. "We don't take kindly to rogues. Leave our woods" he growls loud. Lilo turns back into Ren. Ren sits on the ground looking up. "I need to hunt. My baby needs blood and meat. And I'm not a rogue. I'm from Khaosnox Thomas Clan." she mumbles looking down at her stomach. The Alpha looks at his pack. Nods silently to them. "Very well.. and you must be the last daughter they had. How's your parents?" He smirks. She gulps scared but also brave. "I-I haven't seen them in a month or so.. but last I heard. They doing ok.." she whispers. The guy walks closer to her. Kneels beside her. Looking into her icy blue eyes. "Why are you staying in town? Usually your kind. Being the daughter of Luna and Alpha. You are living like royalty. Not .. " he sniffs her. "Poverty.  And your uniform. You seem to be working at a diner. " he says. Ren scoffs. "It's complicated why I can't go back there.." she whispers sadly. "Why?" He asks curious. "Nunya business that's why" she growls. He starts to laugh. "Did your mate leave you considering you are pregnant?" He asks hitting the mark. Ren blinks tears looking down. "We are done talking. I'll not come back in the woods. Sorry." She gets up fast and then runs off.
The guy smirks watching her leave. "Find out more about her. If she's as important as I think to that clan. She'll need protection. " he orders and turns wolf running with his pack.
Ren ran to her car and climbed in. Locks the door and sighs deeply. "Shit shit shit!" She banged her fists on the steering wheel making it honk. Startling humans nearby. Ren blushes embarrassed. She leans back on her seat. "They'll know.. h-he will know.." she whispers scared. Quickly she heads back to the Inn to contact her parents first.