Chapter 8: First Day

Ren, dressed in a flowing gown and black flats after her shower, grabbed her purse and headed out of the door. With a small smile, she declared, "I'm ready!" As she walked to the diner, she couldn't shake off the feeling of nausea, although she managed to convince herself that it was probably just nerves. "Probably nerves," she whispered to herself. Ren walks inside the diner and goes to the office where said friend is at knowing the inn lady. "You must be Ren. Nice to meet ya!" A young voice said. She was a nice teenage girl. Reminds her of her daughter Mae. "Nice to meet you too!" She shook hands with the manager.
"Now. If need any assistance please let me know!" The manager tells her. Ren nods and puts on an apron given to her. Ren follows the manager. And started training to know what to do. Everything was easy since this diner had numbers on tables. And a stroller cart for food. Ren worked hard but was worth it 8 hours. With an hour break. Ren sat down in an empty booth. Sighing deeply. "My feet are killing me. " she sighs. "Here ya go. Best hamburger with fries. Soda and a shake. Unless you want a salad" The Manager who's also a hostess smiles. Ren looks at her food. "I'm starving. Thank you!" She starts eating happily. Minutes later she felt sick. Drops her hamburger on the plate. Runs to the bathroom. She drops on her knees at a toilet. Vomiting. Once done she wiped her mouth at the sink. Lost in thoughts. Till the manager walks in. "You ok hun?" She asks. Ren nods. "Just been very nervous. It's all new to me. " Ren sighs. "Need a ride to the inn?" the manager asks. "Uhn..please " Ren mumbles. They head out to the car. Ren climbs in the passenger seat. Buckles up and takes off her heels. Seeing her feet are swollen. "Oh, hun why didn't you tell me!" Manager exclaims. Ren looks up confused. "Say what?" She asks.  "You being pregnant. " they smile. Ren's eyes widened. "I-I.. can't be.." she mumbles. She counts the weeks she missed her period. "I'm late..' Ren breathes out. "Come. Let's go to the hospital. To get tested. " they start driving. Ren was frozen seated. Scared and sad.