Chapter 4: Day 1 of the Grand Magic Games

August 16th, XXXX, Day 1 of the Grand Magic Games.

It was approximately 7:00 in the morning, many hours before the Grand Magic Games would commence. Matthew had woken up and went searching the streets for his dearest brother. I suppose he took the whole "do it another day" situation seriously by starting today. He was determined to help his brother under any circumstances, and for once, wants to be the one taking care of him. He walked down many roads in the capital, hoping to catch a hint of where he could possibly be, but a couple glimpses around the city don't do much to help progress. He attempted to ask citizens of 'Rosalia's' whereabouts but that was also futile, since they wouldn't give information like that away so easily. After all his walking, Matthew had seen the time, it was nearing the start of the Games. He started taking a route that would quickly get him there.

Upon his way there, was one of the the most famous fountains in the city he passed, known for being the size of a pool, and also as deep as a pool. It was easier to cut through this way since the fountain was basically the centrepiece of a garden people could visit. As he walked his way across the fountain, a mermaid had suddenly come out of the fountain, and did a flip in the air to transform back into a human. For a moment, Matthew was mesmerized by this, and stood there admiring her. This was quickly ruined when their eyes met, and the mermaid crashed straight into him, failing her landing. Matthew was knocked over by this, as Catsi fell directly on top of him.

Catsi> "I- uhmmm I-I-"

Matthew> "...?"

Catsi> "I-I-I'm s-so sorry!"

Matthew> "It's fine real-"

Catsi> "Seriously I'm so sorry though! I didn't mean to-"

Matthew> "It's all good, I'm just glad you didn't hurt yourself. Though... that did hurt..."

Catsi> "I'm sorry! Oh no I hurt you didn't I?"

Matthew> "It's not that big of a deal, sheesh. You must be a real idiot for apologizing so much."

Catsi> "Oh sorry I-I will stop then!"

They both chuckled as Catsi got up, and followed after Matthew also getting up. Matthew had noticed Catsi had seemed to have a Cordelia emblem on her.

Matthew> "Oh, you must be from Cordelia, I recognize that Emblem from anywhere. After all, it's the only guild emblem with a mermaid tail."

Catsi> "Y-yeah I am! Are you also in a guild?"

Matthew> "My guild is also competing in the games, we are called Irina. You've probably heard of us."

Catsi> "I have! Wow what a coincidence we are both in the Games."

Matthew> "Well, it's going to start soon. Would you like to walk there together?"

Catsi> "Oh um sure I don't mind!"

They both made their way to the arena, talking along the way, trying to get to know each other a little. They shortly split ways once at the arena, so they could head to their guilds team and let the games initiate…

Council> "Welcome everyone to the first day of the Grand Magic Games!"

The audience began cheering as those words were spoken. They seemed to be as hyped as the actual contestants participating. Across the colosseum you could see people holding banners or flags of their preferred guild they would like to win. Many were, of course, Aldrich fans since it was located in the capital.

Council> "I'm sure you are all super ecstatic to be here live in person! So let's get the first minigame underway! I would like every guild to select a member who will participate in the mystery minigame."