4 | the dumbling

"how many kids are there in the daycare?"
y/n asked, eating the meal suguru had prepared in the kitchen. despite the scarcity of ingredients in her cabinets and refrigerator, suguru managed to cook up a warm and delicious meal for the three of them.

"hmmm the youngest there are itadori and sukuna... they're 3 years old. itadori is a really bright and spunky child. sukuna uhhh... he's unique i guess. they're twins that are at each other's throats all the time. then there's megumi... he's like the edgy little kid in the corner y'know?"
satoru chomped on his food whilst describing the children in the daycare.

"edgy little kid in the corner?..."
y/n questioned under her breath with slight confusion.

"don't listen to that idiot. megumi is a little quiet but a really obedient child. his father usually fetches him to the daycare early and returns late. not gonna lie, i think you'll get along with him the most, he likes reading storybooks. a really imaginative child too."
suguru added on, kicking satoru's leg for his horrible description of megumi.

y/n nodded and listened, a tinge of excitement filling her.

"then there's nobara, really loud child. bright too, usually pulls pranks on the twins."
suguru continued, bringing a tissue for satoru who was practically whining for one.

"oh ya! she balanced rocks on itadori's forehead during nap time today!"
satoru chimed in with a smile.

"rocks?.."
y/n blinked. isn't that dangerous? she thought to herself.

"yeah! and when itadori woke up, it was like boom! the rocks fell and nobara was wrestled to the ground by sukuna for payback since she drew on his face with a sharpie."
y/n gulped at the chaos satoru had described.

suguru on the other hand facepalmed.

"anyways, those four kids are the youngest there. then there is mimiko and nanako, you already know them. anddd... toge, yuta, miwa, kokichi, noritoshi, momo, mai and maki, they're twins by the way and oh yeah, todo."
suguru introduced, using his fingers to keep count on the names.

"you'll see their personalities when you meet them. they'll all really fun kids."
satoru added with a smile.

y/n locked the names into her memory. she couldn't wait to see the kids.

but first, she would have to care for herself first and make sure she was ready to face them.

"thank you so... so.. so much 'toru and suguru."
y/n hugged the two of them, her arms wide open to grasp the two built men.

"anytime sunshine, call us when you're ready okay? take all the time you need."
satoru returned the hug with a bright smile. suguru did too and patted her head.

"yeah what satoru said."
the two men left y/n's apartment. y/n thanked the heavens for allowing her to meet satoru and suguru.

ONE WEEK LATER.

y/n pulled herself up. suguru and satoru decided to go for a friendly visit to the zenin household, in search of naoya. the friendly visit turned into a shit show of punches and kicks sent by the two males.

naoya ended up beaten and bruised. when satoru sent a selfie with naoya on the ground, injured, y/n couldn't help but laugh at how ridiculous it looked.

"hey sunshine we're reaching the daycare in like another 40 minutes. you can go there first and look around if you want."
satoru was on call with y/n. suguru was in the background, trying to get mimiko and nanako to stay awake. the two children were dead asleep on the couch after falling asleep again while eating their breakfast.