12 | the zoo

as always, y/n reached the daycare earlier than all the other teachers. it was a routine for her now.

"sensei!"

megumi practically ran up to y/n with a small smile. he wore a little tiger t-shirt with his blue backpack on his back.

"good morning gumiii."
y/n dragged her words. megumi ultimately ended up in y/n's arms as y/n carried him. the boy rubbed his eyes before snuggling on y/n.

"heard that he's going to the zoo today."
toji finally said something to y/n. the man couldn't help but get mesmerised by y/n's look. the light makeup on her face made her face even more radiant. megumi being lovingly held in her arms made toji alert. it had almost been a month since the pair knew each other and his child was practically stuck to her like glue.

it was like she was his actual mother.

"yes, the parents are invited to."
y/n tried to give toji a nudge for him to join the trip. megumi really wanted his dad to come to the zoo with him. toji being toji couldn't care less about it.

"i'll pass."
toji said. he looked at megumi who was playing with the ends of y/n's hair. the boy who was usually groggy and tired in the morning was in fact energetic today.

guess he's excited to go to the zoo.

toji thought to himself.

geez, she's really pretty.

the man thought to himself again.

"bye dad."

megumi waved to his father. toji nodded and turned his back. before he could take a step, y/n stopped him.

"since you're unable to make it to the trip, would you like some pictures of megumi when he's at the zoo?"

an obvious grin made its way to toji's face.

having a child does come in handy.

"of course. i'll give you my number."

toji said confidently. he then proceeded to turn back and face y/n. reaching into her pockets, y/n turned on her phone to a blank contact page. swiftly, toji keyed in his number. trying to keep her thoughts at bay, an unsteady gulp met its way to y/n's throat.

he's really handsome... y/n you need to get your brain checked.

"oi brat, don't cause trouble for your teacher."
megumi nodded silently. toji then waved goodbye to the two.

diverting her attention to megumi, y/n engaged in a light conversation with him.

"are you excited gumi?"

y/n asked, pinching his adorable cheeks. megumi gave a little nod before he started to ramble on. 

"dad never brought me to a zoo so i'm reallllllyy excited. i want to see the tiger and then... the flamingos and then the... the giant turtle!! sensei, i heard... i heard that there's lots of monkeys. i suppose itadori and kugisaki are already ones."

y/n couldn't really understand much from megumi's words since his articulation was still in the process of development. however, she could tell that megumi was brimming with anticipation.

"i can't wait for you to see all the animals. and also don't say that about yuuji and nobara."
with a smile, y/n read stories to megumi. he then proceeded to go on with his drawing and colouring. y/n watching over him silently whilst encouraging him.