15 - A moment of calm

The first thing I heard was a repetitive, somewhat annoying note, which was then followed by a voice that said something I didn't understand, and then repeated the previous high-pitched, pulsating sound

I blinked slowly, trying to put my memories of the previous day in order, and then settled back down to where I had been, comfortably hugging Jasper, whose face remained very close to my neck.

Wait a minute...

I opened my eyes suddenly, and tried to slowly move out of his embrace without waking him up, but then Jasper moved, stretching, and as he did so his messy hair brushed against my neck, and then I felt his warm breath, followed by the touch of his nose and his lips on my skin.

For a moment of blue screens in my mind, I let myself go for just a few seconds in which his arms around my waist brought me closer to him just a little.

His face then moved away from my neck, and then his amber-brown eyes looked at me sleepily.

– Hey, good morning Earth – he murmured, his voice raspy and sexy.

– Good morning... Sky – I responded, and I realized that I had sounded much more cheesy than just friendly – uh...Jasper

– What's in the plans for today? – He said, resting on his side on the pillow.

– There is a dinner with the ambassadors of both planets, and nothing more. – I responded, remembering the itinerary – Maybe we could go to the beach.

– Maybe we could sleep a little more – Jasper said with an innocent expression.

With the halo of a headache wanting to start, I looked at the time on my cell phone, and it was much later than I had imagined, but there was still plenty of free time until dinner.

– Okay, you win – I replied, and then settled back under the blankets. This time trying to stay as far away from him as possible – By the way, thanks for the gift.

– You are welcome.

●●●

After a few more hours of really good rest, around 2 pm, Jasper woke up and went to the bathroom to take a shower. Likewise, after a while I stretched out on the bed and then got up.

Still in my pajamas, I walked slowly towards the window that looked out onto the balcony, and after opening it I went to the railing and looked at the landscape. Palm trees surrounding the view, some birds flying and the sun illuminating the beach and the turquoise sea as far as the eye could see. Breathtaking landscapes at any point where the gaze landed.

 Breathtaking landscapes at any point where the gaze landed