Chapter Eight | Slipping Through My Fingers

Sitting up Maggie looked around as she noticed Thanos gone, taking the hand Steve held out to her, letting him pull her to her feet as she leant into him for support, she was exhausted

"Where'd he go?", Steve asked Thor, also looking around for Thanos. "Thor", Steve called to get the man's attention. "Where'd he go?", Steve repeated.

"Steve?", Bucky asked hearing the man's voice as he stumbled forward into the clearing, his hand turning to dust.

"Jamie!", Maggie called in horror, breaking out of Steve's arms, making her way towards him.

"Doll?", he was so confused as he looked at himself disintegrating, falling to the ground just as Maggie caught him.

Only she didn't catch him, not feeling his weight hit her hands, his body matter changing to dust as he slipped through her fingers, Maggie looking around stunned to just see dust floating around her.

Letting out a wail Maggie cried, pressing her forehead to the ground in the spot Bucky was just in, her heart breaking. This was not how he was meant to come find her after the battle.

Feeling Steve behind her, in shock also at what was going on, all the warriors and people around them also beginning to turn to dust.

"Up, General. Up!", T'Challa turner a corner to Okoye, holding his hand out to help her up. "This is no place to die."

Okoye taking his hand only to fall back down to the ground as he turned to dust, glancing at her hand horrified as she looked between it and the place her King once was.

"I am Groot", Groot called to Rocket as he began to dust away.

"Oh...", Rocket stuttered, stumbling over to Groot. "No, no, no! Groot, no!"

Wanda didn't cry or call for help, she just sat in her grief, holding Visions body as she let the pain consume her as she dusted away.

Groaning Sam twisted onto his front as he began to dust away, still confused as he'd only woke up since being knocked out.

"Sam!", Rhodey called to the man, having not seeing him dust away. "Sam, where you at."

Sensing all this pain and loss happening around her, her pain doubling as her powers took in the emotions of the people surrounding her, all of it being grief.

Maggie then breathed deeply as she waited for her turn to dust away, feeling ready for it as her hands gripped into the soil of the ground, practically begging for it.

Having to harness her powers back as they tried to burst from her, not wanting to harm her family surrounding her, her senses on overdrive as they alerted her to everybody around her.

Watching her as she dug her nails into the fort, forehead on the ground as her tears dropped from her cheeks, mourning the love she'd lost as she prayed to join him.

So there she waited and waited for her turn to join them, join him, yet it never came.