Chapter 395 - The Real Class President

Xu Xiaoyan opened the door. Just as she had said, it was Yuanen Yehui in the flesh.

The sight of Yue Zhengyu took Yuanen Yehui by surprise, lips morphing into a frown as she stepped into the room. “What are you doing here?”

Yue Zhengyu glared halfheartedly at her. “Why can’t I be here?” Though he spoke sarcastically, there was no steel to his words.

After helping Yuanen Yehui obtain her fourth soul ring, Yue Zhengyu understood the gap that existed between them. Coupled with the fact that she wasn’t an evil soul master, he had no reason to trouble her anymore.

Yuanen Yehui promptly ignored him and turned to Tang Wulin. “Help me make my battle armor. What do you want in exchange?”

Tang Wulin shrugged. “I need to know what your profession is first.”

“I’m a third rank mecha maker,” said Yue Zhengyu. “But I’m on the edge of the fourth rank. It shouldn’t take me more than a month to break through.”

Yuanen Yehui furrowed her brow. “I’m a mechanic, fourth rank.”

A mechanic? Tang Wulin hadn’t expected her to be a mechanic, and a fourth rank one as well. 

A pensive look crossed Tang Wulin’s face. “Okay. Zhengyu, you can make your own and we’ll lend you our secret weapon for a fee. But for you, Yuanen, we’ll need to cover the alloys and provide a maker for you. Do you have a design? How about other options?”

Yuanen Yehui shook her head. “I’ve always been cultivating with a focus on harmonizing my two martial souls. Plus, because I have twin martial souls, it’s harder to craft a battle armor for me. I haven’t been satisfied with anyone’s designs yet.”

Gu Yue’s eyes gleamed, her excitement practically tangible. “Designing battle armor for twin martial souls sounds like a good challenge. I’ll need a lot of time to do it though. Also, if you really want a satisfying design, I think we’ll have to wait until I’m a higher rank.

“Alright. I’ll start saving contribution points then,” Yuanen Yehui said.

She spun on her heel to leave, stopping abruptly at the door. Then she turned back around. “Thank you.”

“Huh?” Xie Xie shot up from his bed.

Yuanen Yehui’s expression froze, body stiffening like plank. Then she made a one-eighty and left.

At the sound of the door shutting, everyone exchanged glances before staring at Xie Xie.

“Pfft.” Xu Xiaoyan was the first to giggle, the rest following after her until they were roaring with laughter.

Xie Xie flushed beet red as he shouted, “What’s so funny about getting up when my name’s called? Hmph!”

Eventually, Yue Zhengyu got up to leave. He needed to save up contribution points. No matter how good his relationship with Tang Wulin was, he couldn’t ask Tang Wulin to do this as a favor. They were all students at Shrek Academy. They all carried a mountain of pressure on their shoulders. Rarely would someone take time out of their own busy schedule to help someone else out of the goodness of their heart, especially if the latter wasn’t even in the same class.

Tang Wulin made for his workshop after taking his time to recover. He shouldered the most responsibility of anyone on his team. He needed to forged alloys both for his teammates and for his clients Yuanen Yehui and Yue Zhengyu. Eight people in total. Although they were each working on one piece of battle armor first, making it one piece of alloy per member, it was still hard to produce! He had to forge as much as possible to produce pieces he deemed adequate.